Phone Not Rebooting into Recovery

markpeterpan

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm trying to install a custom ROM (Hexen) with ROM Manager. When I "Install ROM from SD Card" and locate the file, the phone just does a regular reboot instead of booting and installing the Hexen .zip file. Same thing happens when I "Reboot into Recovery" with ROM Manager.

If this helps provide more background, the Quick Boot app allows me to reboot into recovery mode.

Does anyone know how to allow ROM Manager to reboot while installing the custom ROM .zip, or how to install a .zip custom ROM without ROM Manager (is this doable through just recovery mode)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to use D2 bootstrap. The only way to boot into recovery with ROM Manager is with a 2nd init ROM like CM7. You can thank Motorola and the locked bootloader for that.

CM74DX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use the second one from MediaFire. I have personally used that link before and I know its good.

CM74DX

ElectroGeek

Reaction score
Goto xda developers to get bootstrap for FREE. Use the D2 version not the DX

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Discussions of where/how to get paid apps for free are not permitted here

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

ElectroGeek

Reaction score
Apparently when a DEVELOPER offers HIS OWN WORK for free, it still falles upder the WAREZ clause. My bad. Next time I will just stay over at xdadevelopers.com and let everyone else be ignorant of the truth.

My apologies mr moderator sir...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Koush did offer bootstrap on his site for free.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apparently when a DEVELOPER offers HIS OWN WORK for free, it still falles upder the WAREZ clause. My bad. Next time I will just stay over at xdadevelopers.com and let everyone else be ignorant of the truth.

My apologies mr moderator sir...

I really don't think that he meant to sound rude..Its just a rule, and has the responsibility of implimenting the cause for forum policy...He will help you in any way if you ask..all of us will...This is a great forum, hope you understand..this protects devs and the forum..No worries bro!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ElectroGeek

Reaction score
Really. Sorry.

However, I didn't direct link to it. It will be educational to whoever looks hard enough to actually find it. Not exactly easy to find...

Last edited:

Jonas

Reaction score
Electro, I'm siding with you on this. Its not like you were spilling the beans on some file sharing site like 4shared, or filecrop, and writing up a how to on bootlegging apps. But the mods here can be a bit finicky. Welcome to DF btw!

Sent from my Banana Phone