Phone has freaked out!!!! Please help!

avilla

Reaction score
So, to make a long story short, I went to adjust the ringer on my phone this morning, and it would not decrease, only increase. So, I restarted my phone. Upon restart, I got a mystery white screen that resemble "the blue screen of death". On the top it said ***LOCKED*** and then has a bunch of code things underneath it. Underneath that, it gives me options to fastboot, recovery, factory reset, simlock, hboot usb, and image crc and has three android guys on skateboards. I've tried all options except for the factory reset. Sometimes my phone will restart and give me the same screen, sometimes it will restart up until the Thunderbolt logo (and sound) and then just keep repeating it, or it will got to HTC, then it will black out, show my phone laying down with a symbol of green arrows going around in circle, and then quickly show my phone standing up with a red triangle and an exclamation point in the middle.

If someone could please help, I would greatly appreciate it. I've had the phone for almost a year, no serious problems, and have not dropped my phone. I have tried to restart and take the battery out several times, nothing has worked! Please help!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Sounds like either your vol up button is stuck in the down position, or your phone thinks it's being pressed. I believe with HTC phones you press up + power to get to the bootloader. Which sounds like where you are when you boot up your phone.

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah he/she is stuck in hboot. Something's tricking it into thinking the volume down button is pressed.

OP
A

avilla

Reaction score
i even took my vollume button off just to verify that nothing was jamming it. i really dont want to do factory reset, especially if it keeps looping. whats the chance that i reset and then it still loops, ya know?

i honestly have no clue what to do with this phone.

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i even took my vollume button off just to verify that nothing was jamming it. i really dont want to do factory reset, especially if it keeps looping. whats the chance that i reset and then it still loops, ya know?

i honestly have no clue what to do with this phone.

There is one last ditch thing to try, but it does factory reset in the process .

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2