phone freezes when other caller hangs up

d9green

Reaction score
On my Droid, when I am talking to someone else, if they hang up first my phone will completely freeze and go black. Last time for over an hour, finally got someone to all my number which brought it back to life. Possibly only happening when another Droid calls my Droid, but it doesn't happen every time. Ideas?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
First of all :welcome: to the forum.

Once the screen went black did you try to hit the power button and bring the screen back up? Many people forget that the power button is also the sleep button. Sounds like the screen went to sleep while on the phone and one of the proximity sensors did not pick up that you had moved the phone away from you face. So when that happens, hit the power button (don't hold it down) and the screen should light up and you would have to "unlock" it.

OP
D

d9green

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. When this happens, I press the power button, slide the phone open...... basically I try everything. I took it to the Verizon store a few months ago, and they said that they are familiar with this problem but they thought the "fix" would come with the 2.2 upgrade. Not the case.....

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Have you talked to Verizon since getting the 2.2 update? If none of the "standard" ways to wake the phone back up are working, it sounds like you may have either a faulty proximity sensor or something is going on with the processor. How long have you had your Droid?

OP
D

d9green

Reaction score
No, I have not rooted it. Sounds like I need to go back to the Verizon store. Thank you for your advice!