droid hangs up

egp3

Reaction score
While i am talking with someone on my droid i have to hold the phone somewhat a few centimeters away from my face because i end up hanging up on people or putting the phone on mute with my face, ear or earring. I have tried to hold it closer to my ear or tight on my ear , even holding it up with my shoulder and i end up hanging it up. I know it has a sensor that turns the screen off when it get close to prevent this kind of thing but it deactivates or something while i am on the call. i tried to see if there is a setting on the phone to fix this problem but no luck . can anyone please help its very agrivating to me...dancedroid

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. Does this happen with every call or just intermittent? You may have a sensor that is going bad and is allowing the screen to stay active while on calls and then you are hanging up with your cheek. If this is happening on all calls I would suggest you contact Verizon and tell them you may have a sensor going bad. You have a one year warranty from the date of purchase for your phone.

OP
E

egp3

Reaction score
Thanks

i appreciate your help, i called verizon and they had me restore my phone to factory defaults ,( i did sync all of my data to google so nothing was lost) It seems to be working great now. I will look out for this problem again, they said they would replace the phone if it continues to happen, Thanks again:icon_ banana:

beccal82

Reaction score
My Droid does the same thing! It drives me crazy having to call the person I was talking to over and over. I wanted to try and restore the factory settings like you said, but I am afraid of losing everything. Can you tell me what apps or how I can avoid losing everything on my phone first!! Thanks so much!!

Oh and can you tell me if there is a good free app that I could use!!

LS&N

Reaction score
I just now was talking to a customer who hung up twice on me
I asked if by chance she was using a Droid and she was and real tired of face dialing for the past month or so

Me too
My moto droid has been a pia since around the time 2.2.1 came down - seems like it made the proximity senor not work right

I read a tip to look in the market for a free app to blank the screen and it works for me
Kind of a bandaid till google fixes it, for me
tedd's droid tools

beccal82

Reaction score
Thanks so much!! I will look for the app. I just reset my phone and restored everything on it, so I am waiting to see if that helps any.;)