phone died. questions

Reaction score
my phone crapped the sack last night. first the screen got dim, as if it wasnt rendering properly, then it got even dimmer, to the point where you could barely see anything on the screen. then the h,y, and 6 keys MELTED. yes. they melted from the inside. at least it seems like it melted from the h. and maybe it was positioned so all the heat rushing out melted those keys as collateral. anyway, my phone eventually stopped turning on. but it still responds to some things. the battery light turns on when i plug it into the usb charger( but not wall) and while i was wrestling to get ANYTHING out of my phone, i got a vibration. my questions are:

what the hell happened??

i absolutely need the information stored on the internal sd card (screw you motorolla, for making it internal). is there a procedure to make a computer detect a phone that is off? can i just bring it to verizon?

since the phone wont turn on (i'm realllly hoping its a dead battery on this one) do i have to worry about unrooting it and such before i send it in to verizon?

finally, how do i ghetto charge a d3 battery?

some background: phone was running mavrom reliably for months. it's also running v6 supercharger, kickass kernalizer, 3g turbo charger, and speedy v7. all have been stable for months, so i doubt its the software setup that melted my phone. the highest stress my phone would go through is playing n64 games with a ps3 controller mirrored to an hdtv. but that was reliable too, so that didnt melt my phone. what happened? this is so frustrating. my pictures, art, music (like, MY music), and game states are on that damned internal sd card.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
A
Reaction score
ok, i managed to power on the device and grab the stuff i needed. but now the issue is it wont let me sbf it back to stock so i can return it. rsd fails immediately and psouzas 1 click just gives me a string of errors. i'm assuming the phone is fried enough to not allow the sbf. what do i do? what do i do...