dropped galaxy3 in melting snow(puddle)

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by shavonne91, Apr 20, 2013.

1. shavonne91

shavonne91 New Member

I dropped my phone outside in a puddle of melting snow and couldn't find it for at least two minutes! I tried all the. Usual letting it dry out putting it in rice etc. But its still not working properly. When I turn the phone on I can hear the music playing it lights up and I can only see the screen if I touch the two menu keys at the bottom. When I do this I'm ablt to see all the missed calls texts voicemails screen saver etc but it pops out in and and only works if I keep pressing the home keys. I can use my phone as long as I keep tapping it to make the screen light up. Help me please!! I don't have any insurance and just bought the phone less than a month ago!
  2. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

The only thing I can suggest is to take the back cover off, and put the phone on your cable box.
    The fan and warm air will dry it out, but the damage may already be done.
    If it still doesn't work, bring it to Verizon and tell them the situation. Maybe they will be willing to help, even though they don't have to.
  3. sajgel

sajgel Member

Insurance??
  4. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Why not insurance when you purchase a subsidized phone that is $600 full retail? If it doesn't dry out, you'll have to either purchase one at full retail or look for a phone on eBay, Craigslist, etc.
  5. AECRADIO

AECRADIO Member

Here's an easy trick to perform:
    Remove all covers, battery, and open the case if possible.
    Place the PHONE on a cookie sheet, and WARM the oven to NO MORE than 170 degrees.
    Turn OFF the oven, WAIT 5 minutes, then place the PHONE on the cookie sheet, and wait until the oven cools to room temperature.
    You should leave it warming in the oven for a minimum of ONE HOUR to ensure the entire board and components are thoroughly dried by the heat, then remove, let cool for another 30 minutes and reboot.
    The 'oven trick' has been used successfully by myself over the past 20 years, and has never failed to bring dead phones back.
    I had an Ericsson T60 perform the submarine act, and was 'reborn' in this very manner!
    I am a 30 year two way radio systems engineer, and have a small oven for this very task.

Try it, you have only a phone to regain by the act!

I wish you well.
Search tags for this page
dropped droid maxx in puddle

dropped.galaxy s3 in snow

galaxy s3 dropped in snow

galaxy s3 fell in snow

i dropped my galaxy s3 in snow

i dropped my s3 im a puddle rice didnt work

puddle drop galaxy

puddle droppd

samsung galaxy s3 dropped in snow

samsung galaxy s3 fell in puddle