Phone Delay after App Instillation

rakoom2002

Reaction score
Anytime after I install and application it takes like two minutes or so for applications to actually show up in my menu. Sometime I have to use the advanced task killer and exit out of everything and wait a little bit for the applications to show up. Anyone else have this issue, or know why it does this?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same experience. Haven't been able to determine if it's purely a timing issue or whether I eventually trigger the recognition of a new app by using it or some other action. Once I realized it was normal behavior and that my app was not getting "lost," I stopped worrying about it.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
It does take a bit for the download to occur, and then a bit more for the program to be installed. I have not noticed more than a 10 or 15 second delay. Could be you had a slow connection at the time and the download went slow? I am most always on WIFI when installing apps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hate to tell you this but using the Advance Task Killer will actually slow your phone down. I'd get rid of it if I were you, it's not necessary.