delay in voicemail on google voice

eskanday

Reaction score
I noticed that voicemails left on google voice are late in showing up despite i did the refresh time 5 minutes. It is taking sometimes few hours. Anybody has the same problem? I check the option to have the voicemails to be sent as an SMS to avoid delay in knowing about my voicemails.
thanks

robbo323

Reaction score
Any help? I'm having the same problem. Got a critical call for work at 3:00 AM. Went straight to voicemail without ringing and google voice did not alert me until 9:00 AM - 6 hours later!!! Ready to give up on it unless there are any ideas here. Thanks.

QuPop

Reaction score
Any help? I'm having the same problem. Got a critical call for work at 3:00 AM. Went straight to voicemail without ringing and google voice did not alert me until 9:00 AM - 6 hours later!!! Ready to give up on it unless there are any ideas here. Thanks.

thats what i would tell my boss too! j/k honestly havent had any problems w/ gv delaying my vm/msgs today

JayMonster

Reaction score
I am actually the exact opposite... I am often surprised at how quickly I get voicemaill messages from Google Voice... they almost always come immediately after the call. But to be safe, I have my Google Voice account set up to send me a Text message and an e-mail when a new voicemail arrives... these always come instantaneously upon a new message being received, and would be what I would recommend if you are getting delays on the Google Voice notification.

Moopz

Reaction score
It's amazing how slowly the gv app updates when voicemails come in. I also have it set up to E-mail new voicemails. When I get that notification I open up the gv app and then it recognizes new voicemails.

JayMonster

Reaction score
It's amazing how slowly the gv app updates when voicemails come in. I also have it set up to E-mail new voicemails. When I get that notification I open up the gv app and then it recognizes new voicemails.

What do you have your refresh set for?

If you check running apps (Menu>Settings>Application Settings>Running Services), do you see Google Voice listed as running (this is the process that checks your Google Voice inbox as the interval set in your GV settings)

les017

Reaction score
When setting up to go fwd VM to Gmail, the GV Inbox refresh on your phone is out of the loop. Gmail pushes to the Droid so as soon as GV forwards to Gmail you should see the Gmail notify on your notify bar almost immediately.

So far this has worked flawlessly for me.

OP
E

eskanday

Reaction score
my google voice build number is 0.2.8. If it is working well for you, what is ur build number?
thanks

elgordo123

Reaction score
I noticed this too. I have google voice email my voicemails to my gmail account. They come in instantly while google voice takes a while. Set yours to email you (with a transcript). While the transcript isn't great, most of the time you get the gist of the message.

Moopz

Reaction score
What do you have your refresh set for?

If you check running apps (Menu>Settings>Application Settings>Running Services), do you see Google Voice listed as running (this is the process that checks your Google Voice inbox as the interval set in your GV settings)

Even with refresh set for 5 minutes sometimes it takes hours. I checked and GV is running. Gmail just pushes much faster to my Droid. I'm ok with having to open the GV app after I get the e-mail notification from Gmail, though. Keeps the notification bar cleaner :)

les017

Reaction score
my google voice build number is 0.2.8. If it is working well for you, what is ur build number?
thanks

Same as yours. Again, using Gmail push out to your phone pretty much makes the GV apparently irrelevant. ...Aaron least as far as this issue is concerned

dbronstein

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with it taking 10 minutes just for the voice mails to be accessible in your mailbox? Forget about the notifications, I can leave a test message in my mailbox and call back and it says I have no messages. It doesn't show up through the web interface either. Then after about 10 minutes it finally shows up. This has nothing to do with the app or notifications, it's a problem with the voice mail itself.

QuPop

Reaction score
i have noticed he delay as well and not just being in the app but just showing up on the web interface as well. Just started happening i would say last couple days