Getting to your Verizon voicemail after switching to Google Voice

apastuszak

Reaction score
I set up Google Voice and my primary voicemail on my Droid. Problem is, I have one voicemail in my Verizon box that keeps showing up in my top drawer. The notification would go away if I got into my voicemail and deleted the message, but every attempt to get into my voicemail results in a redirect to my Google Voice mailbox.

I called Verizon tech support and they were totally unable to help me. They wanted to do a factory wipe of my phone, which I refused to do.

Anyone have any suggest on how I can get into my Verizon voicemail and delete the one message I have there?

Andy

db721

Reaction score
go into google voice and deactivate the phone.
Then you can go into your verizon voice mail
Then you can reactivate your phone

lschicky

Reaction score
I set up Google Voice and my primary voicemail on my Droid. Problem is, I have one voicemail in my Verizon box that keeps showing up in my top drawer. The notification would go away if I got into my voicemail and deleted the message, but every attempt to get into my voicemail results in a redirect to my Google Voice mailbox.

I called Verizon tech support and they were totally unable to help me. They wanted to do a factory wipe of my phone, which I refused to do.

Anyone have any suggest on how I can get into my Verizon voicemail and delete the one message I have there?

Andy

I'm quite amused at verizon's attempt to have you wipe your phone to factory reset. That wouldn't have helped. Google voice taking over the voicemail is a bit of call forwarding, you just have to cancel that. (Someone said *86) I hate the Verizon voice mail system. It's never played nice with any of my smart phones, Love the even really bad transcripting GVM. I've even been able to pull up the recording on my phone from the GV mobile website, when I couldn't figure out what the message was.

Reaction score
I hate to off topic a thread, but does any one in here have an extra invite I can bum off you. :)

Bull4595

Reaction score
On a similar note, is it possible to forward messages from my verizon vm to google vm? I'm going to be setting mine up soon but I have some important messages id like to keep after I make the switch.

robbie0517

Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased the Droid X and was interested in downloading Google Voice. My question is this: If I download the Google Voice and set it up, will the Google Voice Mailbox wipe out all of my existing messages I currently have in my Verizon voice mailbox or will it sync those messages into the new Google Voice mailbox. I have many messages that I am saving and really can't lose. Thanks so much for your help

JasonAsWell

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question, but I don't think they were asking for your actual phone number for that question.

I'd change that.

robbie0517

Reaction score
Thank you very much for pointing that out. I changed it im my profile but now I am trying to figure out how to edit my post to remove it or simply delete my post. Haven't figured it out yet.

robbie0517

Reaction score
OK, once it was refreshed after my last message it took off my phone number. Thank you again.

If anyone can help to answer my question, I would greatly appreciate

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for pointing that out. I changed it im my profile but now I am trying to figure out how to edit my post to remove it or simply delete my post. Haven't figured it out yet.
There should be an edit button for your own posts. There may be a time limit for how long the edit button is available to you.