Phone Contacts to Google Contacts

DemonGal711

Reaction score
I logged into gmail today to order my contacts into groups only to find out that none of the new contacts I entered are in there. After a bit of searching, I found out that that's because they are set as phone contacts, not google contacts. I found the work around to export contacts to PC and then import them to Gmail so that's not an issue.

Here's the part that's bugging me. People keep saying "click contact account and select Google to make them automatically become a Gmail contact." Awesome, except for the fact I don't have an option to change the contact account or contact type or whatever I need to change. If I were to create a new contact right now, it automatically becomes a phone contact without giving me an option to choose Google or phone.

Is that just how these phones (Droid 2's) are, or am I missing some little setting that allows this process? I found a screen shot of an Eris I believe, and they had this contact account option.

[Edit]Here, if you scroll down in this page, you'll see a new contact screen with Contact account under the name. All I want is that box (or drop-down menu) to appear on my phone when entering a new contact.
http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=28834

Last edited:

chicagojcb

Reaction score
Here's another angle on the issue I'm searching for. DemonGal, have you found anything out since you posted this? I would also like to know how to consolidate profiles.

I know you can link them, but that still seems wasteful. Why have them in there more than once? Or am I not understanding how this works?

Experts? Thoughts, please?

Thanks,
JCB

cardinal82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Go to Contacts, press the menu hard key just below your touch screen, press the more option that is now on your screen, then select settings on the menu that is now on your screen. On the page you should now be on you can choose which accounts your contacts will be saved under from now on. There will not be a drop down box though for you to choose which accounts you on the individual contact or add contact screen.

Hope that solves your problem!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App