Phone changes sound profile on its own.

katatonic

Reaction score
I keep my phone on vibrate at all times due to work, and the overall annoyance of ringers. I have been noticing that sometimes my phone will change to silent on its own. At first I though maybe I was hitting something before id lock it or something, but I was Google searching and apparently I'm not the first person with this problem. I don't have any third party apps messing with it. Anyone have any ideas why it would be doing this and an idea on a fix if possible? Or is it a glitch that's unfixable? Has this happened to anyone else?

sent from my thunderbolt.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If you're on vibrate and hit volume up once that puts it into silent mode. Sure you aren't bumping it?

OP
katatonic

katatonic

Reaction score
I guess its possible. But I could swear I don't. I mean I lock it before I put it in my pocket and id imagine that'd be the time i would bump it. I don't know.

sent from my thunderbolt.

MarahMag

Reaction score
Same here.

I found this thread on a desperate google search.

I find that my HTC Incredible does not retain its sound profile for very long.

I change it to Silent when I'm sleeping, but it still sends notifications of email and when I look, it is reset to Normal. .

Even when it is set to Normal, notifications are wildly inconsistent. Sometimes I'm notified, sometimes I'm not. It appears random.

But the worst is that it does not stay on the silent setting.

It is not something that I am doing, such as accidentally changing the setting. I am certain of that.

It is really infuriating.

Is there anything that can be done other than keeping the damn phone turned off entirely?

This is very negatively coloring my experience with the phone and the OS.

:mad::angry::icon_ devil::icon_eek::icon_evil:

Last edited:

seeness

Reaction score
If you go to settings and click Sound there is an option for Pocket Mode I would make sure that is turned off. If the notifications are loud then you can go to Settings, Sound, and then Volume and check the Use Incoming Call Volume.... box. Hope this helps