Phone bricked it self... i think...

cavz903

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been running Liberty v.o7 since it came out. with no problems what so ever. Today, i pulled my phone out of my pocket to check if my GF had called and the home button wouldn't work to un-lock the phone. used the slider bar to unlock and rebooted.

Booted up just fine, but home button still didn't work, rebooted again.

Not phone sits in first boot screen for a while then goes to android with the "!" in the triangle.

tried multiple battery pulls but its the same every time.

I cant even get into recover to restore from a previous backup. any help would be appreciated...

thanks so much in advance guys...

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
sbf, instructions are on utube, here in the forum, and many others, best of luck...nothing to it once youve done it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

cavz903

Reaction score
sbf, instructions are on utube, here in the forum, and many others, best of luck...nothing to it once youve done it

Oh it IS simple. done it a million times... but i cant even get into the bootloader... :( idk what to do at this point...

OP
C

cavz903

Reaction score
Camera volume down and power doesn't get you there?? What does it do??

same thing... I get the liberty logo (or M logo for some) them the android with the "!"

i get it no matter what i do...

OP
C

cavz903

Reaction score
sorry i forgot to mention. tried that too, search button doesnt seem to work either. maybe all the buttons stopped working. idk but ive never had a button issue before and i havent dropped my phone....

CD95YJ

Reaction score
For gb roms you push both volume buttons (not just 1) and the power button to get into the bootloader. See if that works.

OP
C

cavz903

Reaction score
battary died.... wont charge. cant try it. ill have to wait for my roommate to come home so i can steal his batt. ill let you know...