stock droid x stuck in recovery mode?

ringmasterdarin

Reaction score
My phone seems to be on its last legs and I've been looking into swapping it out, but until that happens, I need help!

Earlier today my phone was working normally, although this past week I've noticed many times I pull the phone out and it is powered off even with sufficient battery power. Until now, powering it on worked fine.

Now, IF I can get it to come on, it boots into the recovery mode screen (I think?) with the droid guy and the triangle with an exclamation point on it. I've tried other search recommendations for powering it on while holding the home button and then releasing the home once it hits that screen and hitting the search button. Nothing happens.

Tried the volume and camera button option. Nothing.

Battery pulled and replaced. Nothing.

Am I screwed or is there still another alternative?

Thanks

Savagerun

Reaction score
When you get to the screen with the triangle press in both volume buttons at the same time that should get you in stock recovery. You'll get a menu in recovery so use your volume button to scroll down to wipe cache partition and select it with your power button. Once cache is wiped just select reboot system. If that doesnt help then go back in and wipe data/factory reset. Im assuming your on gingerbread and not rooted. If your motorola boot logo is red your on gingerbread. This link will also show you how to factory reset 2.3 gingerbread
https://motorola-global-portal.cust...ail/a_id/48517/~/droid-x---factory-data-reset
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
R

ringmasterdarin

Reaction score
I just kept at it and it eventually worked. There is still a problem where it will power off on its own though. It is pretty beat up and I'm past my time for an upgrade so I may just bite the bullet instead of continue to deal with it.