phone always works weird in reboot or backup mode

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i am using clockwork recovery and i flash my rom and then go to backup current rom and every time it goes to boot up to backup it always go to the screen...cannot mount sd card and it will say that like 15 times straight pretty quick and then it will boot back up to the m logo and go to the recovery screen.... y is that? it gets on my nerves....i still can back it up using nandroid from recovery but it gets annoying

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well i had flashed sprecovery into my phone when i first started anything.... so it is in there but i download my 4.8 simply stunning rom and kernel with clockwork...what would i have to do to switch to spr so i dont get anymore glitches and not lose my data and rom etc?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me start by clarifying, I have RomManager installed. I purchased it so that I could help others. I keep SPR flashed and it is easy.

Open RM. Scroll to the bottom and tap flash alternative recovery. That will do it.

A word of caution. Any backup you made with CW will not work with SPR no will a backup made with SPR work with CW.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
so if i flash with sprecovery what do i do to get a backup of everything i have in my phone so i can have it and use it and not lose anything?

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
is there a way to do this part or am i just screwed? and that means that rom manager is pretty much useless then im guessin

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
so if i flash with sprecovery what do i do to get a backup of everything i have in my phone so i can have it and use it and not lose anything?

Flash SPR then make a backup. Verify that the backup was successful (in SPR select restore, select backup and verify it is there)

If you are concerned about apps/data try either MyBackUp Pro or Titanium. Both are excellent and well worth the few dollars.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
is there a way to do this part or am i just screwed? and that means that rom manager is pretty much useless then im guessin

Rom Manager is not useless. If you want to switch to SPR by flashing the alternate recovery that is fine. You still need RM so leave it alone. When you boot into recovery it will be SPR.

Mike

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i flashed sprecovery and went to reboot recovery and it went to the spr recovery and i tried to do a backup and it says error nandroid exited with status 31 i tried a advanced restore and a simple nandroid restore what is wrong?

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i dont get the problem i just got a new diff memory card this morning cause i thought there was something wrong with my memory card that i had before

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i know my phone reads my memory card when it is hooked to the pc and i can see it in my phone also etc