Petition: Unlock the X's Bootloader

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
For all you Motorola Droid X users, are you tired of not being to have your custom roms, cool tweaks, and amazing themes???

Then sign this petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/motoulbl/

Who knows, maybe once they see how big of a following that love their phones, but hate the locked bootloaders, they will change their mind :)

Last edited by a moderator:

barbee

Reaction score
I will sign it, but, I seriously doubt this will ever even reach motorola. The average person buying a droid has no clue what rooting is. And you can forget them even comprehending what the hell a bootloader is. I would love to see an open and free droid x but the large majority will not benefit from it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nickdroid86

Reaction score
Imagine waking up to a cracked bootloader, then a nice recovery, being able to select kernels, select roms and flash them and back up all your work. That would be so great, amen?

sheba611

Reaction score
I will sign it, but, I seriously doubt this will ever even reach motorola. The average person buying a droid has no clue what rooting is. And you can forget them even comprehending what the hell a bootloader is. I would love to see an open and free droid x but the large majority will not benefit from it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I agree. There are less than 400 names on the petition. Considering the thousands of Droid X's that were sold it is a drop in the bucket. Why would Motorola give the time of day to such a small number of users?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree. There are less than 400 names on the petition. Considering the thousands of Droid X's that were sold it is a drop in the bucket. Why would Motorola give the time of day to such a small number of users?

Because this community is vocal?

But I agree. Lots of people have heard the term jailbroken and the rooting term is spreading around too, but that doesn't mean they all have done so. I think eventually an unlocked phone will be released again. Rooters will go for it, and sales will be good because we'll recommend it to others.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, let's put it this way:

You have nothing to lose by signing it.

You remotely, have something to gain from signing it. However I agre, just how is this going o go to motorola anyways?

As to the number, well ... you tell two friends to sign it, they tell two friends, and so on, and so on ... (Who said they all have to be X users/owners hmm?)