Perfect keyboard problem

Modemjunkie

Reaction score
I've been a happy user of the Perfect Keyboard Pro for at least a year on my LG Spectrum. Over time I have customized it and all was well.. Yesterday my phone began acting strangely, popped into safe mode (I never even knew the was a safe mode on the phone) after rebooting everything seemed back to normal, but the keyboard changed to what I think is default for the Perfect Keyboard. Attempts to change appearance and other settings have no effect, my shortcuts are still in the list but they don't work when I type. I love the keyboard and wish my iPad had something that works as well as PKP used to work.

Suggestions please?

Len

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Len, welcome to the forum,

See if this helps. Go to settings - apps - all and find the keyboard and tap it. It should allow you to clear the cache. (Not settings just yet). Clear it a if it gives you a force close option or force stop do that then restart the phone. If that doesn't work, go for clearing settings. That would put the keyboard back to default.

OP
M

Modemjunkie

Reaction score
No joy

Thanks, but no cigar.

Before getting your message, I uninstalled and reinstalled Perfect Keyboard Pro. Didn't help. I restored shortcuts etc, that didn't help either. The shortcuts are there but they don't work. Then I took the above advice. No luck. When I go to language and input settings it shows three keyboards: LG, Perfect and Swipe. Earlier, only Perfect was checked. At one time I switched to LG but it didn't change the interface, I suspect I have been seeing the default keyboard (LG) all night no matter what I select.

Now the checkboxes for both LG and Swipe are grayed out but appear to be checked (it may be my imagination. perfect is not grayed out and is also checked.

Ideas?

Len

OP
M

Modemjunkie

Reaction score
Fixed. For the moment at least.

I just plugged in my phone for the night and notice the keyboard image the notification bar. I often see that when I have been using the keyboard and haven't closed the app. In this case I have been testing the keyboard in my mail app.

I pulled the list down and saw that it said something like change keyboard. I touched it and a simple dialog with just the three keyboard options appeared. I selected PerfectKeyboard and voila, it appeared, shortcuts intact and working, and even some of the strange appearance modifications I made while testing it were there.

Of course now my wallpaper photo has disappeared again. That seems to happen at least once a day lately, but I suspect it will return.. Something weird is going on with this phone.

I don't know quite what did it, but thanks for your help.

Len

Last edited: