Patience

goober0122

Reaction score
Alright, so I'll probably be smeared for this, but I just wanted to put my opinion out there. Whenever I get a new phone I always get it on day 1. I have never had a phone that didn't ship with issues: Palm Centro, Iphone 3g, HTC Touch Pro 2, Droid X, and Droid 3 to name a few. Usually an update is released shortly after the phone gets a decent following.

For the Droid 3 it seems that there may be an issue with the radio and battery life. I know that the cell standby battery usage shouldn't be that high.

If you root now, the exploit will be patched when the first update comes. If root is found, I hope whoever finds it doesn't release it until the update rolls out.

Just my .02, I'd rather enjoy the phone a little bit as Moto intended before doing any tweaking. The phone seems pretty solid to me and I really like it.

superkeest

Reaction score
I agree, everyone is whining about needing root so you can use the phone to its fullest. But as far as im concerned it does everything and more than my rooted OGD, the only thing it doesnt have is wireless tether, in every other way this phone is vastly superior. And the battery life is not that bad at all, considering its has a dual core 1 ghz cpu .

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Atm I want Root, but I'm willing to wait until the 1st major update is out for it to happen. While as much as I'd love a custom rom tomorrow for my phone, a fully working, non-buggy stock phone is preferred, it means less work for the devs! lol

I agree with you 100% though. :)

darkmatter

Reaction score
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if someone has already found root, and is staying quiet for this exact reason.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if someone has already found root, and is staying quiet for this exact reason.
i get your angle, but i don't buy it. root announcements come out faster than news about misbehaving celebs. there's no proof (yet) of an impending update, so rooting what we've got is exactly what the devs are working on.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
OP...there's no issue with the radio and battery. Its just the screen uses so much less power than others. I know some are having reboot issues, and some are having worse battery life than others, but on the whole I believe this to be a very well built device. Root would be nice to freeze some of the bloat. But honestly the phone flies as is, so can only get better.

end of line...

Raptor007

Reaction score
Well it's been out two weeks, and only 1 week of that retail. With so many 4G LTE phones and the Bionic coming its possible the D3 may (I hope not) get as many devs working on it. What I would like is one dev who has developed solid rooting skills to step forward and the community work with that dev or a group and get them a phone to break open. The piggy bank is no fun unless you crack it open.