Parse Error trying to install Full Tilt app

Square Rounder

Reaction score
I downloaded Full Tilt's Rush Poker App and clicked on it to install it.

My Unknown Sources box is checked.

I get:

Parse Error
There is a problem parsing the package

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
That's typically a connection problem I believe. Have you tried redownloading using both wifi and 3g?

It sounds crazy since the file is already on your phone but it happened to me yesterday.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you cross post your help gets scattered between different threads - please refrain from doing this

OP
Square Rounder

Square Rounder

Reaction score
When you cross post your help gets scattered between different threads - please refrain from doing this

Sorry to offend. I was trying to steer clear of the politics in the other thread but I was unable to start a new thread until after I posted in the other thread.

Say the word and I will pull down the post in the other thread.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
No offense - just keep it in mind for the future

Did you get it downloaded via computer and have better results ?

OP
Square Rounder

Square Rounder

Reaction score
Moved from other thread and deleted there:

Noob here - I downloaded the full tilt app but I get a "parse error" when I try to install it. Yes, I have checked the box in the controls to allow apps from unknown sources.

Any help?

Noob here - I downloaded the full tilt app but I get a "parse error" when I try to install it. Yes, I have checked the box in the controls to allow apps from unknown sources.

Any help?
Chances are you have a bad download - did you download it with your device or a computer ?

Any help?
Chances are you have a bad download - did you download it with your device or a computer ?

Straight to the phone.

I will try to the computer.

Thanks for the reply

OP
Square Rounder

Square Rounder

Reaction score
No offense - just keep it in mind for the future

Did you get it downloaded via computer and have better results ?

No luck yet.

Deleted it from my droid,
Downloaded it to my computer,
transferred it to the sd card,
tried to install it,
Same exact error

deleted from droid,
restarted droid,
transferred file to sd card,
tried to install it,
Same exact error

Now, I am trying to move it from the sd card to the internal memory and see if that makes any difference.

Wish me luck or let me know if you have any other ideas.

jaben2

Reaction score
I downloaded from your link. It seems to be working. I am waiting for my validation code after setting up my new account.

OP
Square Rounder

Square Rounder

Reaction score
I downloaded from your link. It seems to be working. I am waiting for my validation code after setting up my new account.

Can you walk me through, step by step, exactly what you did and what happened?

I am at aloss here.

On a bonus note, when I go to my download folder to install the app, the preview of the folder says there are 2 items in the folder, but when I open the folder, the app is the only thing in the folder.

I am at a loss. I willl likely kick myself once I discover it was something simple, but for now, I am just staring at my desk.

jaben2

Reaction score
I downloaded the app from your link to my computer, then transferred to my phone, went into root explorer, went to sd card, looked for the full tilt apk clicked on it chose install, and that was it.

OP
Square Rounder

Square Rounder

Reaction score
I downloaded the app from your link to my computer, then transferred to my phone, went into root explorer, went to sd card, looked for the full tilt apk clicked on it chose install, and that was it.

Alright, not quite what I was doing unless you are calling the 'files' shortcut that looks like a folder 'root explorer'.

I found an app in the marketplace called root explorer, but nothing on my droid x.

Am I missing something?

Remember - Droid X noob

OP
Square Rounder

Square Rounder

Reaction score
Well, I told you I would kick myself for missing the simple solution to my problem.

Turns out I had downloaded the upgrade to version 2.2, but has somehow never installed it.

I was running 2.1, so I did not have flash 10.1

I checked for updates and got 2.3

Downloaded the Full Tilt app from the device and it installed, started, logged in and played in a matter of moments.

Lesson learned: When the problem sounds too odd and there is no common experience of the same problem, check to make sure you are starting from square one.

Thanks for all of the input.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it working and thanks for posting the Solution :)

brancris123

Reaction score
I need a step by step process on how to do this. I am having the same parse error problem. I am trying to download full tilt rush poker on my samsung galaxy. My phone also says it doesnt support the adobe 10.1 to play on the browser. Please Help!!!