Pandora (or any streaming audio) Locking up/Skipping

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
It starts to play the song then stops and changes songs. Then it won't shut down when I try to kill it in task manager or exit the program. It happens with Slacker and a couple of other streaming music options too. I have unlimited data, so I don't know what the problem it. I have talked to a few people and they are having the same problems. 1 person has a rooted Droid and another is running a Blackberry Storm2. Both are experiencing stalls when playing Pandora. It almost seems as though it stops sending/receiving data. My X is not rooted. Thoughts?

ryan1432

Reaction score
How good is your reception? ? Are you on 3g or X1 and or wifi??

Try re programming your phone

Call *228 and hit a option 2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
P

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
How good is your reception? ? Are you on 3g or X1 and or wifi??

Try re programming your phone

Call *228 and hit a option 2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4 bars 3G. Works fine on WiFi.
Yeah I have run the *228 a couple of times. This started happening on my D1 a couple of weeks prior to getting my X.

maxnicks

Reaction score
yeah, it's been happening on my D1 with last.fm. Does it with 3G and wifi. i'll try the *228. Thanks.

mikesalero01

Reaction score
Has anyone else found out anything else about this. It is really annoying when I'm listening to a song and all the sudden it stops playing and starts a new one. Is it cause I might not have a strong 3G signal? or do you think it is a issue with the software?

the5barrons

Reaction score
This happened a lot when I had pandora on my bb storm 1. I just didn't use it after a while. When I got my dx, I switched to slacker. Commercials are a less than desirable thing to be force fed, but at least the connection is stable. I was gonna buy full but just never got around to it and now I am getting ready to deploy for six months and figure its not worth it

Either way, it would be nice if pandora was stable.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

mikesalero01

Reaction score
good advice slacker has the same setup like pandora with custom radio stations and it works without all the glitches, thanks.