Radio song skipping

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by ctn830, Apr 22, 2010.

1. ctn830

ctn830 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Radio skipping

Anyone have comments on why streaming radio skips (buffers) during the song? I just downloaded Droidlive (ie; Xiialive Lite) and during the song it stops a lot or it says it's buffereing. Can this be fixed or are any of the other radio apps (Pandora,Slacker,etc) any better?

Help

#1 ctn830, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The signal coming to the radio in your phone is neither constant nor without error. To prevent constant "hiccups," the stream is "buffered," i.e. coming in ahead of what you're hearing. However, sometimes the interference becomes so severe that the music "catches up" with the signal being downloaded. At that point the play stops until the "buffer" can fill up again.

Though people often think one app or another does a better job, it's usually signal problems that create the momentary halt to the music player. Switching to another player may seem to help, but that's usually because the signal improves.

3. Miniblue

Miniblue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Byte Rate

If you choose a lower byte rate you won't have the skips in the music. I haven't heard a difference in quality.