Pandora lock up/skipping Issues

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
I am running the Kangerade 4.07 Blue theme (which is great btw). I have applied the fix that we put out on 7/3. However I tried to run Pandora this morning and it will lock up for a minute or so then skip songs. It starts to play the song then stops and changes songs. Then it won't shut down when I try to kill it in task manager. I am running the Chevy 1.1 low volt kernel. Any thoughts as to how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
hmmmmm.... kinda weird to say the least. Reason I say that is I just flashed my sons last night with the same ROM you have and all is good to go with Pandora on it as we used his this am on the ride to work. For myself I'm running the cyan version of 4.0.7 Jrummy and Pandora works fine also as I tested it out yesterday after getting my car stereo wired so I have an AUX port to use . Only difference I see between your setup and ours is the kernel. On mine I'm running P3's LV 1.2Ghz, and my sons has his LV 1.0Ghz. that said I'd try turning the clock speed down and see what you get. If no dice there maybe try different kernel all together just as a test.

OP
P

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
hmmmmm.... kinda weird to say the least. Reason I say that is I just flashed my sons last night with the same ROM you have and all is good to go with Pandora on it as we used his this am on the ride to work. For myself I'm running the cyan version of 4.0.7 Jrummy and Pandora works fine also as I tested it out yesterday after getting my car stereo wired so I have an AUX port to use . Only difference I see between your setup and ours is the kernel. On mine I'm running P3's LV 1.2Ghz, and my sons has his LV 1.0Ghz. that said I'd try turning the clock speed down and see what you get. If no dice there maybe try different kernel all together just as a test.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a shot. Where did you get the P3 kernels? Are they in ROM Manager?

Aixelsyd

Reaction score

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a shot. Where did you get the P3 kernels? Are they in ROM Manager?

Yea they should be in ROM Manager if you go that route. Personally I manually download and copy to my sdcard and do it. To do so here is a link to his page that has them all. Just make sure you grab a Froyo version which are towards the bottom as he has 2.1 kernels on the same page.

P3Droid Kernels

OP
P

powerkatwedel

Reaction score

Yea they should be in ROM Manager if you go that route. Personally I manually download and copy to my sdcard and do it. To do so here is a link to his page that has them all. Just make sure you grab a Froyo version which are towards the bottom as he has 2.1 kernels on the same page.

P3Droid Kernels

Still not working. Changed kernel speeds, types, and voltages...nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora and same thing.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
Man that is so weird. I'm sitting at my desk eating luck atm and streaming Pandora just fine.

Curious when you came to the newest release what were your running before? And in moving forward did you wipe the device out prior to installing the new ROM. I have found myself that not wiping out the device will casue really weird things to happen which is why no matter what I always wipe everything before installing a new ROM.

OP
P

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
Man that is so weird. I'm sitting at my desk eating luck atm and streaming Pandora just fine.

Curious when you came to the newest release what were your running before? And in moving forward did you wipe the device out prior to installing the new ROM. I have found myself that not wiping out the device will casue really weird things to happen which is why no matter what I always wipe everything before installing a new ROM.

Yeah I was running JRummy's Remix prior. Yeah definitely did a wipe due to the same reasons.

Isaiah

Reaction score
hmmm... maybe try going to kangerade 1.1 then back to the current? I remember reading that people who wiped before coming to V4 had issues...

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
hmmm... maybe try going to kangerade 1.1 then back to the current? I remember reading that people who wiped before coming to V4 had issues...

I recall reading that somewhere myself if I'm not mistaken.

And just to clarify for myself I don't use ROM Manger for the downloading and flashing of a new ROM. IMO the wipe it does as part of the process is not enough. that said I manually download the ROM and copy it to a ROM folder on my sdcard. I then manually boot into recovery and do the factory wipe, followed by going down to the partition menu in CWR and doing the wipe again for boot,system, and data. Once done I back out and do a quick factory wipe/reset followed by installing the ROM from the sdcard. Doing those couple of extra cleans/wipes seems to make a world of difference in my experience in flashing custom ROMS.

Isaiah

Reaction score
just an idea here; try running a different internet radio app like slacker radio or I heart radio. If that doesn't work the problem is with the phone/rom/kernal/network and if it does work then maybe its just the pandora app being weird? and when you say it won't shut down from task manager do you mean the one built into android or a 3rd party "app killer" because if its the app killer that could be screwing it up very easily

OP
P

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
just an idea here; try running a different internet radio app like slacker radio or I heart radio. If that doesn't work the problem is with the phone/rom/kernal/network and if it does work then maybe its just the pandora app being weird? and when you say it won't shut down from task manager do you mean the one built into android or a 3rd party "app killer" because if its the app killer that could be screwing it up very easily

I will give that a shot. With the killer it is the 3rd party that I have been using since I go the Droid. I have Pandora excluded from the auto kill, then when I'm ready to kill I go in and check it manually to stop.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score

I will give that a shot. With the killer it is the 3rd party that I have been using since I go the Droid. I have Pandora excluded from the auto kill, then when I'm ready to kill I go in and check it manually to stop.

my suggestion on that note is dump the 3rd party app killer altogether. IMO then are totally unneeded on Android devices. I was like you originally and after a month of owning my Droid I stopped using them and have had much much better results.

stark23x

Reaction score
my suggestion on that note is dump the 3rd party app killer altogether. IMO then are totally unneeded on Android devices. I was like you originally and after a month of owning my Droid I stopped using them and have had much much better results.

+1 to this. I stopped using them and on *every* ROM things got more stable. :)

OP
P

powerkatwedel

Reaction score

What do you mean? It will end apps on its own? Since I got my Droid I was told I needed to have the app killer otherwise it would bog down my Droid. Still no luck on the Pandora. I think I am going to go back to my remix for now.

Isaiah

Reaction score
I'd try going 1.1 -> 4 instead of going back to remix but, your call