1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pandora lock up/skipping Issues

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by powerkatwedel, Jul 6, 2010.

1. powerkatwedel

powerkatwedel New Member

I am running the Kangerade 4.07 Blue theme (which is great btw). I have applied the fix that we put out on 7/3. However I tried to run Pandora this morning and it will lock up for a minute or so then skip songs. It starts to play the song then stops and changes songs. Then it won't shut down when I try to kill it in task manager. I am running the Chevy 1.1 low volt kernel. Any thoughts as to how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

hmmmmm.... kinda weird to say the least. Reason I say that is I just flashed my sons last night with the same ROM you have and all is good to go with Pandora on it as we used his this am on the ride to work. For myself I'm running the cyan version of 4.0.7 Jrummy and Pandora works fine also as I tested it out yesterday after getting my car stereo wired so I have an AUX port to use . Only difference I see between your setup and ours is the kernel. On mine I'm running P3's LV 1.2Ghz, and my sons has his LV 1.0Ghz. that said I'd try turning the clock speed down and see what you get. If no dice there maybe try different kernel all together just as a test.
  3. powerkatwedel

powerkatwedel New Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a shot. Where did you get the P3 kernels? Are they in ROM Manager?
  4. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Yea they should be in ROM Manager if you go that route. Personally I manually download and copy to my sdcard and do it. To do so here is a link to his page that has them all. Just make sure you grab a Froyo version which are towards the bottom as he has 2.1 kernels on the same page.

P3Droid Kernels
  5. powerkatwedel

powerkatwedel New Member

Still not working. Changed kernel speeds, types, and voltages...nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora and same thing.
  6. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Man that is so weird. I'm sitting at my desk eating luck atm and streaming Pandora just fine.

Curious when you came to the newest release what were your running before? And in moving forward did you wipe the device out prior to installing the new ROM. I have found myself that not wiping out the device will casue really weird things to happen which is why no matter what I always wipe everything before installing a new ROM.
  7. powerkatwedel

powerkatwedel New Member

Yeah I was running JRummy's Remix prior. Yeah definitely did a wipe due to the same reasons.
  8. Isaiah

Isaiah New Member

hmmm... maybe try going to kangerade 1.1 then back to the current? I remember reading that people who wiped before coming to V4 had issues...
  9. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

I recall reading that somewhere myself if I'm not mistaken.

And just to clarify for myself I don't use ROM Manger for the downloading and flashing of a new ROM. IMO the wipe it does as part of the process is not enough. that said I manually download the ROM and copy it to a ROM folder on my sdcard. I then manually boot into recovery and do the factory wipe, followed by going down to the partition menu in CWR and doing the wipe again for boot,system, and data. Once done I back out and do a quick factory wipe/reset followed by installing the ROM from the sdcard. Doing those couple of extra cleans/wipes seems to make a world of difference in my experience in flashing custom ROMS.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah New Member

just an idea here; try running a different internet radio app like slacker radio or I heart radio. If that doesn't work the problem is with the phone/rom/kernal/network and if it does work then maybe its just the pandora app being weird? and when you say it won't shut down from task manager do you mean the one built into android or a 3rd party "app killer" because if its the app killer that could be screwing it up very easily
  11. powerkatwedel

powerkatwedel New Member

I will give that a shot. With the killer it is the 3rd party that I have been using since I go the Droid. I have Pandora excluded from the auto kill, then when I'm ready to kill I go in and check it manually to stop.
  12. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

my suggestion on that note is dump the 3rd party app killer altogether. IMO then are totally unneeded on Android devices. I was like you originally and after a month of owning my Droid I stopped using them and have had much much better results.
  13. stark23x

stark23x New Member

+1 to this. I stopped using them and on *every* ROM things got more stable. :)
  14. powerkatwedel

powerkatwedel New Member

What do you mean? It will end apps on its own? Since I got my Droid I was told I needed to have the app killer otherwise it would bog down my Droid. Still no luck on the Pandora. I think I am going to go back to my remix for now.
  15. Isaiah

Isaiah New Member

I'd try going 1.1 -> 4 instead of going back to remix but, your call
  16. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Exactly, Android does a good job of ending task when it needs to which is why a task killer is not needed. Originally yea there was a lot of chatter about having one when the droid was first released but since all the updates and stuff they are not required. Best bet is try it out on your end and see how it works. It's not a big deal to install or uninstall whichever app you use.

As mentioned by Isaiah I'd try version 1.1 then going all the way back to Remix.
  17. powerkatwedel

powerkatwedel New Member

Thanks for the info on the task killer.

Well, I had already decided and gone back to Remix prior to getting the tip from Isaiah. Bad news, Pandora still stopping and skipping songs. Tried Slacker and it's doing the same thing, even on Remix where it all worked fine prior to changing. I flashed back to my most recent backup (which everything was great) and no good. Thoughts now?
  18. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

That is just way strange to say the least if you are now back to one of your backups where it did work before. Kinda makes no sense to me to be honest. Have you tried streaming via Wifi instead of 3G. Another thought is what quality setting do you have Pandora set to. I have seen it skip and act weird at times when having it set to high quality. this only seems to happen when using 3G tho as I've never had a problem when using Wifi which is what I normally use unless I'm in the car.

As for a suggestion not exactly sure myself. About the only thing I would think of trying atm would be to download the ROM via a comp. Then transfer the ROM to the sdcard. when doing so if you are using SPR instead of CWR rename it update.zip and put in the root directory of the sdcard. If using CWR just leave the name and put it anywhere you wish. Personally I prefer CWR so that is what I'll explain. Once you have the file manually boot into recovery. Do the data wipe/ factory reset. After which time head down to partition menu and then wipe Boot, system, and Data one more time. After that back out to the main CWR screen and do factory reset/wipe again. Now proceed forward and select install the ROM you just put on the phone and see if it works out. One last thing tho when you first boot it up and go threw and get everything synced with Google reboot the phone quick. Then prior to messing with your settings and apps getting installed try testing out Pandora first before doing anything. If it works fine then move forward on doing you device setup. If for some reason it stops working right are you do you settings then it is kinda telling me something else being installed is causing the issue because you tested Pandora prior to setting everything else up.
  19. powerkatwedel

powerkatwedel New Member

I really appreciate all the tips. I have an update. I had thought I fixed the problem, then it started back up. Well, I now have an X and am experiencing the same problem. It happens with Slacker and a couple of other streaming music options too. I have unlimited data, so I don't know what the problem it. I have talked to a few people and they are having the same problems. 1 person has a rooted Droid and another is running a Blackberry Storm2. Both are experiencing stalls when playing Pandora. It almost seems as though it stops sending/receiving data. Thoughts? This is getting crazy.
  20. listenman20

listenman20 New Member

I've seen the problem you're describing. It happens to me when I change towers. I've not had it happen while on DSL. It's like the data can't be picked up from the new tower right where it left off, so it just switches to a new song. Only once has it f/c with me.
Search tags for this page
how to make pandora stop skipping songs automatically
how to skip pandora lockout
how to skip songs on slacker while your phone is locked
how to stop pandora from automatically skipping

how to stop pandora from skipping

my pandora automaticall skips

pandora auto skipping

pandora auto skipping songs

pandora auto skipping?
pandora automatically skipping
pandora issues skipping songs and not playing