Pandora lock up/skipping Issues

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
I will give that a shot. With the killer it is the 3rd party that I have been using since I go the Droid. I have Pandora excluded from the auto kill, then when I'm ready to kill I go in and check it manually to stop.

my suggestion on that note is dump the 3rd party app killer altogether. IMO then are totally unneeded on Android devices. I was like you originally and after a month of owning my Droid I stopped using them and have had much much better results.

What do you mean? It will end apps on its own? Since I got my Droid I was told I needed to have the app killer otherwise it would bog down my Droid. Still no luck on the Pandora. I think I am going to go back to my remix for now.

Exactly, Android does a good job of ending task when it needs to which is why a task killer is not needed. Originally yea there was a lot of chatter about having one when the droid was first released but since all the updates and stuff they are not required. Best bet is try it out on your end and see how it works. It's not a big deal to install or uninstall whichever app you use.

As mentioned by Isaiah I'd try version 1.1 then going all the way back to Remix.

OP
P

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
my suggestion on that note is dump the 3rd party app killer altogether. IMO then are totally unneeded on Android devices. I was like you originally and after a month of owning my Droid I stopped using them and have had much much better results.

What do you mean? It will end apps on its own? Since I got my Droid I was told I needed to have the app killer otherwise it would bog down my Droid. Still no luck on the Pandora. I think I am going to go back to my remix for now.

Exactly, Android does a good job of ending task when it needs to which is why a task killer is not needed. Originally yea there was a lot of chatter about having one when the droid was first released but since all the updates and stuff they are not required. Best bet is try it out on your end and see how it works. It's not a big deal to install or uninstall whichever app you use.

As mentioned by Isaiah I'd try version 1.1 then going all the way back to Remix.

Thanks for the info on the task killer.

Well, I had already decided and gone back to Remix prior to getting the tip from Isaiah. Bad news, Pandora still stopping and skipping songs. Tried Slacker and it's doing the same thing, even on Remix where it all worked fine prior to changing. I flashed back to my most recent backup (which everything was great) and no good. Thoughts now?

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
That is just way strange to say the least if you are now back to one of your backups where it did work before. Kinda makes no sense to me to be honest. Have you tried streaming via Wifi instead of 3G. Another thought is what quality setting do you have Pandora set to. I have seen it skip and act weird at times when having it set to high quality. this only seems to happen when using 3G tho as I've never had a problem when using Wifi which is what I normally use unless I'm in the car.

As for a suggestion not exactly sure myself. About the only thing I would think of trying atm would be to download the ROM via a comp. Then transfer the ROM to the sdcard. when doing so if you are using SPR instead of CWR rename it update.zip and put in the root directory of the sdcard. If using CWR just leave the name and put it anywhere you wish. Personally I prefer CWR so that is what I'll explain. Once you have the file manually boot into recovery. Do the data wipe/ factory reset. After which time head down to partition menu and then wipe Boot, system, and Data one more time. After that back out to the main CWR screen and do factory reset/wipe again. Now proceed forward and select install the ROM you just put on the phone and see if it works out. One last thing tho when you first boot it up and go threw and get everything synced with Google reboot the phone quick. Then prior to messing with your settings and apps getting installed try testing out Pandora first before doing anything. If it works fine then move forward on doing you device setup. If for some reason it stops working right are you do you settings then it is kinda telling me something else being installed is causing the issue because you tested Pandora prior to setting everything else up.

OP
P

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
I really appreciate all the tips. I have an update. I had thought I fixed the problem, then it started back up. Well, I now have an X and am experiencing the same problem. It happens with Slacker and a couple of other streaming music options too. I have unlimited data, so I don't know what the problem it. I have talked to a few people and they are having the same problems. 1 person has a rooted Droid and another is running a Blackberry Storm2. Both are experiencing stalls when playing Pandora. It almost seems as though it stops sending/receiving data. Thoughts? This is getting crazy.

listenman20

Reaction score
I've seen the problem you're describing. It happens to me when I change towers. I've not had it happen while on DSL. It's like the data can't be picked up from the new tower right where it left off, so it just switches to a new song. Only once has it f/c with me.

OP
P

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
Yeah I have no problems with it when running WiFi. I have great signal and everything. I'm just sitting at my desk at work trying to get Pandora (or any streaming media) and it's crap.