1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Panda Phone .. What is it?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by DroidGramma, Jan 11, 2010.

1. DroidGramma

DroidGramma New Member

I'm an old granny just getting into the 21st century world of technology.
    This started when I bought my Moto Droid. Can someone explain to me
    what is a Panda Phone? I "googled it" but I still don't understand. I've been reading thru some of the discussions and I've seen this phrase or item or whatever alot. WHAT THE HECK IS IT and WHAT DOES IT MEAN? Thank you for helping to educate the older
    folks.:icon_eek:
  2. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie New Member

It's "Panda Home", a home screen replacement app. Here is a link and here's the QR code.

[​IMG]

Edited to add: to install, using an app. like barcode scanner to take a picture of the QR code here and it'll take you right to it.
  3. gardobus

gardobus New Member

Yeah, like DH said. Panda Home is a 'Home Replacement" that replaces your homescreens and app drawer. It gives you a more customizable app drawer and more screens.
  4. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 New Member

This is my first time hearing of this also.
    Is it worth installing?
  5. Shinobi326

Shinobi326 New Member

I've been running Panda Home since the first hour I got this Droid. 3 homescreens isn't enough for me so I use Panda for 5 homescreens + the quick side pull-out trays. I love the quick trays because they're always there so I put a few key apps in there (like settings) so I never have to hunt for them.

It's fairly energy efficient too and I've never noticed any system performance hits. I'm using this until I check out what 2.1 has to offer as native.
  6. Guurzak

Guurzak New Member

I've read quite a few complaints from people that Panda or other home-replacement apps caused severe performance and reliability problems over the course of a few weeks, and were much happier with their phones after getting rid of the apps.

I would avoid any of these apps unless you find you absolutely must have more than 3 home screens. (And since we're getting more home screens in the 2.1 update we're expecting shortly, I'd hold off anyway.)
  7. Shinobi326

Shinobi326 New Member

I personally have never had any issues with it, but with 2.1 anyday I would agree with Guurzak and simply wait a few days and check out 2.1.
  8. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 New Member

Sounds good. I guess I'll wait for the 2.1.
    Thanks for the advice.
Search tags for this page

panda phone reviews

pandaphone reviews

what is a panda phone