Technologically challenged kid with a smart phone

Megzicle

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I just received my first ever smartphone this past Saturday! My dad upgraded and gave me his old one, since the sliding thing I bought two years ago for $30 isn't functioning as well as it used to. Since I've never had a smartphone, I joined the forums to check out some of the features (because I can't handle finding them myself) and see what other people have to say about it. Even though I'm 21, and should therefore have no trouble with new technology, I'm having some trouble adjusting. I've finally figured out how to call people, and I'm getting better at not accidentally hanging up on them (this is where technologically-minded people hit their heads against the desk). I probably sound like a grandma, but I've finally entered the 21st century. I don't even know what kind of droid it is. It's the one that has a slide out keyboard, and I think it may be the original one (my dad got it Spring 2010).

I'll be browsing for tips on how to use this thing, but I like it so far?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you go to settings/about phone/

That should tell you all you'll need about the phone

Post script: welcome to great site

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Welcome to Droid Forums! You've definitely come to the right place! Be sure to look around! :big smile:

toyotaking88

Reaction score
Yes welcome to the site and the 21st century as well lol but you can find everything you could ever dream of on this site and the search button is your best friend. Hope you enjoy the new phone I still have my OG Droid and it just sits here at my house I update it every now and then just to fool with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droidforums!! We are glad that you decided to join us!!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ALOHA welcome to the forum. glad u joined us. sounds like u got the OG. but someone gave u tip in locating where to find out what type of phone u have. the community is here to assist u

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy it here!!

Yeah, just spend as much time as you can reading old/all posts. I imagine you will find most answers here. If not, please do not hesitate to ask. Remember none of us were born knowing about these phones and this operating system. We were all at your level of knowledge at one time - we were just there before you. So do not hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy it here!!

Yeah, just spend as much time as you can reading old/all posts. I imagine you will find most answers here. If not, please do not hesitate to ask. Remember none of us were born knowing about these phones and this operating system. We were all at your level of knowledge at one time - we were just there before you. So do not hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

+1 to all of this, extremely well said :)

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, glad to have you here:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
M

Megzicle

Reaction score
Thank you!! I'm sure I'll be utilizing the search option frequently. :biggrin: