Overuse of the term "bricked"

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I too have seen my share of accused "bricked" devices....almost every single one was a devlik wipe away from being "unbricked".

What I mean is every device I get that is said to be "bricked" I SBF. If it loops or hangs I go in and wipe devlik cache...then....reboot....and poof....no more brick.

Not saying that will fix all "bricks" because I am sure it has been tried several times by those who actually bricked their devices. All I am saying is that has always worked for me.

But I am thinking that we just "bricked" this conversation about "bricks" ;)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is it that people use the term "bricked" so loosely.
Ignorance.

Maybe I'm just frustrated because of work and people are getting on my nerves. Or maybe I'm annoyed with people not fully understanding what they are talking about. Maybe I'm just being an ass about all of this and this is just the straw that broke the camels back. Or maybe I have a valid point. You tell me.
It's not a windmill you want to tilt against unless you really enjoy banging your head against brick walls. Languages evolve. The meanings of words can change if the majority misuses them enough.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is it that people use the term "bricked" so loosely.
Ignorance.

Maybe I'm just frustrated because of work and people are getting on my nerves. Or maybe I'm annoyed with people not fully understanding what they are talking about. Maybe I'm just being an ass about all of this and this is just the straw that broke the camels back. Or maybe I have a valid point. You tell me.
It's not a windmill you want to tilt against unless you really enjoy banging your head against brick walls. Languages evolve. The meanings of words can change if the majority misuses them enough.

YEAH!!!!!So let's start it off......

You just got Bricked!dancedroid

pyro6128

Reaction score
This thread is spot on. People throw the word bricked around all the time. "I bricked my phone... but I was able to fix it with a battery pull..." :icon_rolleyes:

I too have found out that if you help people too much they never learn. Thats the problem with all of these easy root methods now. When I got my d1 rooting took a bit more effort (and I'm sure it was even harder before that), but by the time I was done I had way more of an understanding as to how my phone worked. So I was able to troubleshoot issues on my own. But now with all of the easyroot methods, people mess with their phones not knowing what they're doing, then the forum gets filled up with "ZOMGWTF HELP, ICONS DISAPPEARED FROM MY HOME SCREEN!!! HELP!!!!!"

Haha sorry for the mini rant, but one of my biggest pet peeves is people that don't take the time to help themselves, and end up passing the burden on to everyone else. They could've saved all parties involved if they just did a bit of reading. Ok tangent over

OP
S

sacnotsack

Reaction score
So the Guy that I mentioned that tried to flash an sbf showed me what be tried to do. He had an sbf in a zip file on his SD card, and he was trying to flash that. I had to explain that he can't flash an sbf without a computer and rsd lite and the proper drivers. I tought this Guy about rsd lite before and he even successful used rsd lite in the past. Wtf?

Sent from Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Az