Otterbox Defender Review w/ HQ Pics

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus Accessories' started by droijo, Dec 19, 2011.

1. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    ^I'm thinking of getting this case for the short periods of time (only putting it on 2-3 times per week) but I keep hearing about how hard it is to get off of the phone. Is it something like there may be a trick to it or is it always going to be hard to get off? It seems so easy to get on in the videos!

2. droijo

droijo Member

Ratings:
    +3
    It's not hard at all. Reading the instructions, it shows you how to put it on/take it off. Specifically where to pry it off when trying to get it off. If taking it off is a huge concern for you, you are probably better off with a different case. The case wasn't really built for putting it on and taking it off on a weekly basis I'm sure.

3. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    I think this is the only case of it's kind tho! I guess I'm not actually worried about getting the case off so much as if it will fatigue the snap points after a while? Maybe I'll just go check one out and take it for a test run. Thanks for the response!

4. droijo

droijo Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Definitely go to the store, they'll let you try it on and take it off. That's another good point you mentioned. Definitely could be an issue if you plan on doing so. The case itself is 3 layers so I'm sure it's built to protect, and do it well; not whenever it's needed.

5. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    Ok so I picked up this case. It's pretty darn nice! My first attempt at getting it back off of the phone was more near impossible than difficult tho! :biggrin: Just an FYI, I now use the end of a paperclip to gently push in those little plastic tabs and the case now comes off with ease!

6. 808phoneaddict

808phoneaddict New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my gnex is suited up in the defender case and i love it!! my only concern is if they come out with a dock tho utilizes the three pins... if they do, ill probably search for a universal holster that fits my gnex and use a screen protector... would be awesome if this case could somehow utilize the three pins even with the case on... doubt they'll come out with something like that, although I really hope I'm wrong and they do not come out with that! lol

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!

7. droijo

droijo Member

Ratings:
    +3
    An update to this review, my belt hoster release tab has just broken off a couple of minutes ago. Attached is a picture below. Hopefully, Otterbox can give me a replacement or something for it. I take my phone out of it's holster.. maybe 5 times a day. The majority of the time I actually use it with the holster on.

Hopefully you guys haven't had this issue yet and if you have, it'd be great to know if you did so we know if this is a design problem or a defective unit.
    IMG_20120129_203802.jpg

8. XanRules

XanRules Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dropped and killed my GNex on Saturday - so I've got a Commuter for when my replacement comes in from Asurion. :(

9. seventwozero

seventwozero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this case fit with the extended battery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

10. jfriend33

jfriend33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Yes it fits just fine. It has slight gap on bottom corners but unnoticed. Removing battery door solves this but I leave mine on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

11. WPThunder25

WPThunder25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the locking tabs on my case broke. Otterbox is sending me a replacement but I recently bought a Cruzer Lite A2 case and I don't see going back to the Otterbox now.

12. forsaken

forsaken Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i love otterbox cases. i had my X in one when i crashed my bike. it was clipped on the outside of my 2 piece leather suit ( i stream music over bluetooth to my helmet) and i landed on it and slid about 90ft and tumbled about 20. after i got my senses back i found my phone and it still worked! the case was destroyed but the phone was unscratched! i called otterbox and explained to them what happened and they sent me a brand new one!

Search tags for this page
galaxy nexus otterbox
galaxy nexus otterbox defender
how to get rid of rainbow effect on otterbox
otterbox defender rainbow
otterbox defender rainbow effect
otterbox defender screen protector rainbow

otterbox rainbow effect

otterbox samsung galaxy wonder
rainbow effect otterbox
rainbow otterbox