Cruizer Lite Case Review w/Pics

Reaction score
I have been using my Smoke Cruizer Lite Case now for a bit over a week now and thought I would share with you all my opinion.

I got this case for free and actually was not in the market for a case at the time. I was waiting for the Docking station to release. I got my case and my first impression was 'wow this is pretty nice.' I noticed the case was flexible but would protect my phone from any cosmetic damage if i dropped it, the corners were covered unlike the feather Incepio case I had my eye on, and that it was fairly thin itself. Being thin was my biggest concern.

The case is easy to pop on and pop off. It is a hard silicone that is very bendy and flexy but rigid enough to maintain its shape no matter how you fold it or twist it. Once on I was surprised at how this my phone still felt. The phones thickness is, IMO, not compromised. The case has never once come off, left anything unprotected (screen, edges, buttons), or collected pocket lint (because of its gloss silicone finish). Because of the material used I have not seen a fingerprint on my phone yet which is another plus.

I did, however, have a problem with the volume+ and volume- buttons. The case (before modification) had a cutout for every button except this pair. i installed it and noticed that the volume- button was constantly being asserted. I tried to stretch or wiggle it into position, but was unsuccessful. The result was me taking scissors to the area covering the volume buttons to make a cutout just like the rest of the case. Once I cut it out, I was nervous about how thin i made the corner that protected the screens edge by the volume buttons. I have been using this case for a week now and have not had a single problem with that. I was expecting the case to feel loose in that area, but it has been rigid enough to never come away from the screen.

All in all I give this case a 4 out of 5. I feel that if they just pre-cut the volume buttons or if the case worked as it should have it would have been a 4.5 out of 5. I personally dont think the hard flexible silicone is the nicest feel (I prefer the rubberized plastic/metal feel), but i didnt let that affect my decision too much. I have not dropped my phone on anything hard but completely trust the case to take the impact and come back for more. it is not brittle and will survive most anything that everyday use can muster up including a good series of drops at a 2 meter height.

Below are the pics (sry for some of the quality. They were taken with my D2G camera)

Last edited:

bacchus71

Reaction score
I picked up one as well (in Orange) and had to modify as well. I used an xacto knife to cut out the rocker, and all is well. It is one of the best cases I've seen, real cheap, and protects well.