OTA.. VZW warranty return

konellaz

Reaction score
I have leaked OTA... Can anyone confirm personally that they have received it. Oficially thru the air? Vzw said I could trade bionic for Razr, but don't want them to freak out when they notice my bionic having the update that has not been released... Thank you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

denpth

Reaction score
no the ota has not come out yet and yes they can figure out that you have it. Also even with the return to stock options out there your kernel will never go back to stock. not possible without a unlocked bootloader. So all they have to do is look at your kernel version number and they will know, if they are keen enough to A. know the difference and B. care....

thejacked1

Reaction score
I returned an incredible w/ cm7 on it, and theirs NO mistaking that bootscreen for stock, they never said anything. I think it goes into a box, then pulled out, hooked up and wiped/flashed ...rarely checked.

Anathema

Reaction score
I returned an incredible w/ cm7 on it, and theirs NO mistaking that bootscreen for stock, they never said anything. I think it goes into a box, then pulled out, hooked up and wiped/flashed ...rarely checked.

Meh, I think it depends on your Verizon Rep at the time you go in. When I bought my bionic the guy was cool as hell and we were talking about roms, bootloaders, generally hacking - Overclocking with technology and what not. Hell, he rooted his verizon dev bionic the day he got it.

Then when I went in with my dad to buy him a bionic, the guy was a complete joke - hardliner, wouldn't communicate at all.