OTA update and now problems....

we3tjs

Reaction score
OTA update was pushed through to my phone on the 22nd, now have problems with apps not working. GPS icon doesn't turn off either. The most annoying thing though is I lost my front speaker. If phone is laying on its back I can't hear it...or can't hear music unless its face down. Worked fine before the update....anyone else exp. this? I have taken to Verizon store and dome tech support with factory reset....thanks for any help. Love my Inc 2 so much better than the Rhyme I had.

VZWSupport

Reaction score
You are correct! The Incredible 2 is a great device. I hate to see that you have run across these problems since the update. If you have done a hard/factory reset and the issues are still there, it's best to get the device replaced as long as it is still under warranty.

TH
VZWSupport

dan262

Reaction score
First of all, the phone has a front speaker..? Mine just plays music out the back one. Anyways, I got the update as well and have had numerous problems. My phone restarts on its own (once ever 2 or 3 days), the messaging app no longer displays contact pictures (only in the individual threads), and lastly, my phone drains in about half a day. My battery had been totally fine up til now. I go to work at 7 am having it fully charged, only go on my phone during my 2 breaks for about 5 minutes each, and when the end of the day comes (between 3:30 - 4:30 pm) the phone says to plug in the charger. What the hell

Markster1

Reaction score
I've noticed battery life may have gotten worse but have done no tests to verify.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

map11586

Reaction score
Markster1 said:
I've noticed battery life may have gotten worse but have done no tests to verify.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed the same thing but I also have no tests to verify this. I also noticed that recently my Dialer has been the second biggest battery drainer next to my display (even if I haven't made any calls that day).

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I guess I am the minority. No problems with my phone since update.
Well I guess I did have one issue where half the screen would not respond to touch. Restart fixed that.
Can't blame the update for that.. I have a lot of running apps. lol

dan262

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas when Ice Cream Sandwich is going to come out for the Incredible 2? I heard like July/August.. but it could be sooner, considering other Verizon phones are already getting the update.

sjpritch25

Reaction score
It will be sometime after august. Currently, there are stable ICS ROMs based on a china sense 3.6 RUU. Everthing works, but its only sense 3.6. However, you will need to fully unlock your device and it can be difficult for non techies.

JoeyJ

Reaction score
I updated about a week ago. I too have the missing contact pictures and just last night by battery doesn't seem to be charging right. Nothing has been wrong with charging until now.

mgullick

Reaction score
Since the OTA update I can't download or update apps via WiFi. I MUST use Verizon's data to update or download. One app can't even be downloaded or installed as it queues when connected via 3G but then crashes and says it requires a WiFi connection. When I enable the WiFi I can't connect to Google Play. This was never a problem before. :mad:

bryan08252

Reaction score
No messaging pix here either since the update. Also when bluetooth connects vcast music automatically starts playing...and I dont even use that for my music!!! I am hating verizon and their gestapo updates/tactics/pricing.

mgullick

Reaction score
My downloading problem has gone away. I don't have a problem with the messaging pics nor do I have a problem with bluetooth and vcast. I'm happy again. :)