Track the New OTA Update

cparker89

Reaction score
Is there already an official thread or forum to track what is going on with the new OTA update and what the people that are on the leak are going to have 2 use to update to the new update already.. I've been looking and keep seeing threads saying they keep hearing all this information from TBH but I can't find it...

jdhas

Reaction score
Is there already an official thread or forum to track what is going on with the new OTA update and what the people that are on the leak are going to have 2 use to update to the new update already.. I've been looking and keep seeing threads saying they keep hearing all this information from TBH but I can't find it...

No one will know until the OTA is out. I don't see the point of starting another thread to speculate....

OP
C

cparker89

Reaction score
See I thought the OTA had already came out 2day? And I've also heard that TBH was coming out with a way for the people that were on the leak 2 be able to flash to the .340... I keep hearin so much different stuff I'm confused... Really I'm just looking for the website TBH puts out all of there official post.

Last edited:

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Mydroidworld.com that's where tbh lives...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

irishman2020

Reaction score
I just got an update, but I'm not going to apply it until its been properly rooted etc.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just got an update, but I'm not going to apply it until its been properly rooted etc.

z4root works on the .340 ota...

I've got the update.zip also, I'll upload and link as soon as I can. Its also out there on several sites already if you look hard enough.

Edit: Here's the link. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10847486/update.zip
Double Edit:
This is the OTA update, it works from 2.3.15 ota w/ bootloader .03 to update to 2.3.340 w/ bootloader .04. This is not the magical work of tbh, it's the zip file from the ota update (prior to it being taken down yesterday)

Last edited:

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Until the update is properly rooted? With a lock down bootstrap how the heck will that happen??

Hello Hook. You threw me for a loop on that one. I was like "Un, we've got root already, duhh!!" then I realized the key word in there was "PROPERLY" :icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Until the update is properly rooted? With a lock down bootstrap how the heck will that happen??

Hello Hook. You threw me for a loop on that one. I was like "Un, we've got root already, duhh!!" then I realized the key word in there was "PROPERLY" :icon_eek:

Yeah, because when I think of obtaining ROOT on an OS I think it means cracking the bootstrap.

Well, I guess it's really subjective as there are ways around it. I'll never be happy until they make it like the original Droid and I don't think that's going to happen.

sephtin

Reaction score

Yeah, because when I think of obtaining ROOT on an OS I think it means cracking the bootstrap.

Well, I guess it's really subjective as there are ways around it. I'll never be happy until they make it like the original Droid and I don't think that's going to happen.

Some of us have a slight glimmer of hope.. but time will crush that out of us. ;)