Original Droid owner - Upgrade time - Where do we go from here?

mike

Reaction score
I've owned the original Droid literally since day one, and it is the phone that got me hooked on Android. Cyanogenmod helped keep me happy with it after almost two years.

It's upgrade time. Now what? Back then, the Droid was the best Android phone out there. Now, there are so many options it's mind-boggling. What's the hands-down best Verizon Android phone?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If I were you I'd personally go for the Incredible 2. However, there are a bunch of phones out there for different users, it's a much better time than when only the Eris and Droid were available.

Best Advice I can give you is go to the store and check it out yourself. No matter how many opinions you get on this board, the only one that matters is yours.

GSdub510

Reaction score
Wait for the Samsung Galaxy S II... trust me I have one and it's an amazing phone

comk4ver

Reaction score
Thought that the samsung galaxy 2 wasn't coming to Verizon?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
As mentioned, all phones have their own pros and cons, and features. There is no hands down best, and there probably never will be. There are some that are better in certain categories, and may have some features other phones lack, while it lacks features another phone has. But since everyone's needs or wants are different, everyone's perfect phone is different.

For example, the Bionic has a lot of people wanting it, but it doesn't have a physical keyboard, it may be blurred and locked down, it has a Pentile display (some people don't like these), and it may be a 4.5" screen making it a fairly large piece of technology. Maybe it's camera is terrible compared to the DInc2 (completely making this up, I don't pay attention to cameras as I almost never use mine, just kind of an for instance situation).

Thought that the samsung galaxy 2 wasn't coming to Verizon?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

It is coming, SGS2 is getting rebranded for stateside release, like it did with the original SGS (Fascinate, Epic, Vibrant). The Verizon version I believe is going to be called the SGS2 Function. What it's features are, what it looks like, and when it is coming out isn't known as of yet.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's the hands-down best Verizon Android phone?
As ever: best is always high subjective no matter what the topic. In this context that means, in short, that if you don't tell us what you want/need we can't make meaningful recommendations. There are plenty of existing threads asking for blind recommendations if that's what you're looking for.

If you have no clue to begin with what you're looking for then tell us what your typical usage is like. Are there specific features you're looking for? Do you have preferences for specific physical characteristics (size, screen, form factor, keyboard, weight, etc)?

If well all had the exact same preferences we'd all be using the same device and you wouldn't need to even ask. Give us some info on you and we can better guide you to what's best suited to you which is really what people posting threads like this are asking whether they realize it or not.

Best Advice I can give you is go to the store and check it out yourself. No matter how many opinions you get on this board, the only one that matters is yours.
^ This. Realize that there's a difference between popular (asking the general population what the consensus is on what's best) and best suited to you. Everyone should be shopping for the latter.

Test driving is always recommended. You can't beat first hand experience when shopping for yourself.

Last edited: