Organizing Gallery

DanSan

Reaction score
been trying to make the "Icons" folder not show up in the gallery.. i used astro and found it on the sd card under maps folder and then inside an icon folder. made a zipfile called ".nomedia" and still shows the stuff in the gallery

Itamar

Reaction score
Once ive changed a folders name to ".nomedia" how do i find or access it later?

thanks

You don't create a directory named .nomedia
You create an empty text file named .nomedia and place that file in each directory where you have pictures or video that you don't want to have displayed in the gallery. The files in these directories will still show up using a file manager, just not in the gallery.

dfalcon217

Reaction score
Ok i think i got it haha. Can I use astro to copy MP3 ringtones from the sd card to the systems ringtone directory?

thanks

Itamar

Reaction score
Ok i think i got it haha. Can I use astro to copy MP3 ringtones from the sd card to the systems ringtone directory?

thanks

I don't think so. You will need to do it via a command line (through ADB or a terminal emulator) with root access (at least that's how I did it).

P_McNeal

Reaction score
The .nomedia fix is more of a pain than it's worth, at least for CD covers. Not only do you have to create the file for each folder, but you have to add the period within Astro (windows hates it), and delete the file extension, but then if the cover images are in the same folder or higher than your music, it suppresses them, too. So you have to muck around with it a while, and it's a toss-up over which side will show up/work. I just deleted the few album covers that ended up in my gallery, since it's not like the stock music player uses them artfully.