Any better way to better organize Bookmarks?

stratt28

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was any better way to organize and maybe sort my bookmarks in my browser for easier access? It seems that I'm not allowed to have folders or sub-folders? I wish I could at least organize my bookmarks by alphabetical listing or manually set their order of appearance in my bookmark settings? Am I missing something or is that just the way it is for right now?

Thank you,
Joe in New Hampshire

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at the two browsers I have, Skyfire and stock there doesn't seem to be a way to set them up alphabetically. There are more browsers out there like Dolphin. Go to the Market and try some other browsers, perhaps they have features the stock browser doesn't.

EbE404

Reaction score
I have yet to find any apps that support any kind of reasonable bookmark management and syncing, so this is what I do.

1. I have Xmarks setup on my other computers to manage and sync my bookmarks across my Macs, PCs and other mobile devices. Works brilliantly.
2. Xmarks provides a webpage for accessing your bookmarks remotely if you need to.
3. I have a shortcut on my desktop to my Xmarks page and have that set as my home page in my browsers on the Droid.

Doing it this way, my bookmarks are always in sync across all of my devices and computers, and if I add something on one of my computers, it is "pushed" automatically to my Droid. Subfolders and alphabetical sorting are fully supported by Xmarks, so I'm taken care of there.

The only down side is that you can't easily add bookmarks from the Droid to Xmarks, but otherwise, it's a great solution.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might want to look at "Folder Organizer," an app from the same developer as "App Organizer." It enables the user to organize apps, contacts, and bookmarks into groups and assign a custom icon to each group for access from your homescreen.

I believe the paid version also allows multiple levels of organization, i.e. folders within folders.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. I have Xmarks setup on my other computers to manage and sync my bookmarks across my Macs, PCs and other mobile devices. Works brilliantly.
2. Xmarks provides a webpage for accessing your bookmarks remotely if you need to.
3. I have a shortcut on my desktop to my Xmarks page and have that set as my home page in my browsers on the Droid.

What a great idea! That hadn't even occurred to me. You're right. It works like a charm.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I create a new folder on whatever home page I want. Add the bookmarks to that page and drag them into the folder. Opening the folder and clicking in the bookmark opens your default browser (I use Dolphin HD)

No need for extra apps unless you want to sync all your bookmarks which Dolphin HD does to your SD card.

foutchj

Reaction score
Its all possible in Dolphin HD

I registered just to reply to this old link in hopes of helping future viewers

You can organize Dolphin browser bookmarks.
It is NOT easy to figure out on your own.
But it is EASY once I finally figured it out.
1. Open browser
2. Open Bookmarks by menu then bookmarks OR pull left side exposing bookmarks
3. Press Quick Access tab
4. Inside Quick Access tab, press Bookmarks AGAIN
I suppose I'll refer to this as bookmark EDIT MODE because you can ONLY edit them if opened via the steps I just described.
5. Long press a bookmark and options such as edit, delete, etc. will appear
6. Press menu while in EDIT MODE and it will reveal additional option such as +New Folder

Now I love Dolphin, and it was there all along.