Ordering online

lauriep

Reaction score
I will be getting mine online, hopefully with Saturday delivery. I've never done an online phone before. What should I expect? Is the phone delivered completely ready to go? I know I'll have to sync my contacts, but otherwise????

I AM going to the VZ store in the morning, however, to experience the crowd and buy myself a holster. Something that MUST be done in person!!

JFDroid

Reaction score
I ordered online before. Let me share with you some of what to expect.

First, you'll sign in to my verizon and go through the upgrade process. You'll select your phone, make sure your plan is in order and add things that are necessary (like data for $29.99 or $44.99), and then you'll get to payment and shipping. You'll have several shipping options, you should be able to enter the promo code FREEOVERNT for free overnight shipping... I think that's the fastest way to get it to you, or maybe there's next-day air that's faster for like $20, but again, I haven't ever picked those options as I never (before the Droid) anticipated a phone this badly.

You'll enter payment method, etc., and then they'll process the order the same day usually and ship it to you immediately. It'll come pre-installed with a blank memory card with nothing on it and the phone will have 30-40% battery charge. All you'll have to do is power on the phone, start charging it, and if your calendar and contacts are already in g-mail, you can just log in to g-mail and it will auto-sync everything to your device. Then, as you can imagine, it's up to you to do additional customizations to your phone (adding Facebook... though there should be a pre-existing widget for Facebook) and other apps that you want to add.

OP
L

lauriep

Reaction score
Thanks, JFD! That is pretty much what I thought, but I SO don't want any surprises! I can figure things out pretty quickly, but am FAR from being any sort of techie! Appreciate the info!