Options/Edit Button not working

Gspark

Reaction score
The four square-options button to the left of the home button is not working. I have looked for help, but I have not found anything to help me in this situation.

I don't want to do a factory reset if i don't have to.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The four square-options button to the left of the home button is not working. I have looked for help, but I have not found anything to help me in this situation.

I don't want to do a factory reset if i don't have to.

OK. Have you tried just shutting the phone down and restarting it? You can also try pulling the battery for a full 30 seconds. If that fail then you will have to do the factory data reset.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are rooted there is an awesome app called button Savior that I use all the time. It helps to reduce damage to or even replace in your situation, the hard keys (including power, camera and the 4 bottom keys

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

chrisl20

Reaction score
My back button started to die on my d2, verizon said there is 'no fix' for a dying screen....it ended up getting so bad it (the damage) walked its way up my screen and made it seem like there was a spot being touched all the time, even though I wasn't touching it...I ended up finding two different *possible* fixes....pull the battery out and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to 'release the negative stored energy (idk if that's really a 'thing'/'fix' or not,...and the other, involves an sbf, and when the android pops up initially showing you how to use your touchscreen touch the four corners of the screen, starting at the top right (in portait mode) and going counter clockwize.... ..good luck.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
If you're skipping the phone authorization you have to touch the screen starting in the northwest or upper left corner of the screen then proceeding clockwise, not the upper right. I just read this today.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

chrisl20

Reaction score
Oops, thanks for the correction! ..didn't mean to mislead....its been awhile since I had to do that to a phone, and my memory fails me sometimes..