Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not decided waiting to see all providers tiers/plans first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
TL;DR version: Don't worry, be happy! Unlimited is here to stay for now! :)

Long version: I am not worried about tiered pricing, because I have a strong feeling that tiered pricing won't be introduced until the middle of this summer. I mean, think about this... we early adopters would be able to enjoy unlimited $30 data plans for the life of the contract, whether it's a one-year or two-year contract. Technically, it is possible that VZW can change the terms of the contract while you are in one, but they have to notify you somehow, and you get the chance of cancelling the contract if they change the terms. If they do that, they stand to lose money from you because then, they may not be able to collect the fees from you to pay for the retail price of the TB and then some.

Also, during a typical workweek, I am in a place that has WiFi four days out of five. While I am at a WiFi hotspot, I will be using WiFi and not have to use 3G/4G at all. I don't think I would top two or three gigs a month, if that, from 3G/4G.

Actually, they wouldn't have to let anyone out without the ETF. Data plans aren't part of the contract; they're features. They can change the price at any time, just like we can drop the plan at any time.

I think AT&T did let people out of their contracts if they wanted out. But my coworker still has the unlimited plan with att because he never changed his voice plan and is grandfathered as long as he doesn't change his plan.

shortsxit

Reaction score
TL;DR version: Don't worry, be happy! Unlimited is here to stay for now! :)

Long version: I am not worried about tiered pricing, because I have a strong feeling that tiered pricing won't be introduced until the middle of this summer. I mean, think about this... we early adopters would be able to enjoy unlimited $30 data plans for the life of the contract, whether it's a one-year or two-year contract. Technically, it is possible that VZW can change the terms of the contract while you are in one, but they have to notify you somehow, and you get the chance of cancelling the contract if they change the terms. If they do that, they stand to lose money from you because then, they may not be able to collect the fees from you to pay for the retail price of the TB and then some.

Also, during a typical workweek, I am in a place that has WiFi four days out of five. While I am at a WiFi hotspot, I will be using WiFi and not have to use 3G/4G at all. I don't think I would top two or three gigs a month, if that, from 3G/4G.

Actually, they wouldn't have to let anyone out without the ETF. Data plans aren't part of the contract; they're features. They can change the price at any time, just like we can drop the plan at any time.

I think AT&T did let people out of their contracts if they wanted out. But my coworker still has the unlimited plan with att because he never changed his voice plan and is grandfathered as long as he doesn't change his plan.

I don't remember offhand if they let anyone out or just grandfathered people on AT&T. I was just bringing this up because Verizon wouldn't legally have to like they would if they changed the plan prices or something.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score

I don't remember offhand if they let anyone out or just grandfathered people on AT&T. I was just bringing this up because Verizon wouldn't legally have to like they would if they changed the plan prices or something.

Would be great if they grandfathered us unless we change our minute plan like att has/is doing. That way you could change phones as many times as you want without losing your unlimited data.

HollywoodPR1

Reaction score
In the words of a great wrestler The Rock."IT DOESN'T MATTER" to me I don't care bout price jus bring on the phone. TBolt

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

shortsxit

Reaction score

Would be great if they grandfathered us unless we change our minute plan like att has/is doing. That way you could change phones as many times as you want without losing your unlimited data.

I believe they said like a month ago that we would be grandfathered until our next subsidize phone.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score

I believe they said like a month ago that we would be grandfathered until our next subsidize phone.

AT&T lets everyone keep their unlimited until they change their plan.