On 3rd DROID x replacement. Anyone get Verizon to replace with another phone?

musclemilk

Reaction score
I used my upgrade for a cpo x.

So many issues and on 3rd set.

Anyway for Verizon to let me return it and get another phone at the upgrade price?

Helawat

Reaction score
How do you know its not a user problem rather than device problem?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

barski

Reaction score
5 replacement phones is supposed to be the max then you get to choose any 3G android phone. that's what they told me. So just call in and tell them your sick of these problems and want a different phone.

Actually after verizon sent me the Droid X2 in place of my Droid X, i went out and bought a Droid X with a bad/ non working camera button. So i sent it in to Motorola themselves (1 year manufactures hardware warranty on all Droid X's), they replaced the display (what it has to do with the camera button is beyond me) and i haven't had a problem since. So if you really like your Droid X and want it fixed right, just send it to Motorola. All you pay for is to ship it there if its in the 1 year warranty yet ( there is a sticker behind the battery with the data, and you can go to the motorola website and put in a few serial numbers off your phone to see if your still eligible. Then you will have to fill out some stuff to get an RMA number. Most likely you still have the warranty since the Droid X has been out just over a year now.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
You like.that x2?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

barski

Reaction score
You like.that x2?

I don't like the x2. That Droid x I bought is my primary phone again. Once some roms or gb is out I will use then use the x2. Right now the dx2 just plain sucks.

DCBCANES

Reaction score
You have to play there game for at least 3 replacement devices with factory resets done on each then complain to customer service and not technical support. At best you'll get a cpo replacement of a different android device. I was able to go from a d2 to a dx. Keep in mind that the new device will be a cpo replacement.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
They are sending me a new battery!