omg lag

So since i got ice it has been so laggy. Apps crash, typing takes forever, handcent lagggggs horribly. Facebook lags horribly, browser lags horrible. Granted i have like over 5000 messages back and forth between me and my gf and i know they kill in stock message app after a certain number. But there has to be something better to fix the over all lagg for the phone

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Factory Reset.

You'll lose all your text messages so back them up or whatever you want to do, but Factory Reset.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Just throwing it out there but how often do you reboot your phone?

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Doing that will make everything not lagg?

Yep, it will also fix the issue with apps constantly crashing/force closing, etc...

Upgrading an OS (2.3.6) to another (4.0.4) in place on the phone while keeping configurations and apps is not best for the phones full function....

Factory Reset so that ICS (4.0.4) is configured and setup as ICS, not setup as Gingerbread (2.3.6) and upgraded to ICS.

You will need to completely reconfigure/setup your phone and download all your apps again....but it is worth it.

OP
Forcedbyhatred
Once every couple of days i restart my phone. But today i did it twice so i will have to give the reset a start