OMG I love the speakerphone on the Droid!

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I just received a phone call from my wife and decided to turn on the speaker just for kicks. I was simply floored. Quality was better than what it was when she calls on my landline.

:icon_ banana:

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I personally dislike speakerphones, and don't use them unless absolutely necessary. It's the background-noise problem I don't like. (If the caller has a lot of background noise, it will interfere with your ability to talk to them because the speakerphone thinks they're speaking to you and cuts off your mic to prevent feedback. Similarly, if there's lots of background noise at your location, the mic on your speakerphone picks it all up and the caller can't hear you over all the noise. And don't even get me started if you're BOTH on speakerphones. There's a conversation that's just impossible to have...)

However, comparing speakerphone-to-speakerphone, the quality of the Droid's speakerphone is truly excellent. I was thoroughly impressed when I tried it. I don't use it much at all, because of my dislike of speakerphones in general, but when I do use it, it performs extremely well. For a speakerphone...

TheOldFart

Reaction score
We have 3 of the phones with the best speaker clarity and volume. My wife loves the speaker on her VX-8300 and has no desire to replace it. I thought the speaker was very good on my env and I also think it is very good on my new Droid. There are a lot of phones with poor speakers. My wife uses it often, but I rarely use it. I didn't even test it on the Droid, but I used it today and was happy with it.

Just to make sure before posting this, we tried both speaker phones. My wife was in the kitchen, with the TV on about 10 feet away. She had the VX-8300 on the sink counter and she was at the sink. I went upstairs to the bedroom and shut the door and put my Droid on the bed, with the speaker on. Wee had no problems hearing each other clearly. Not as clear as using them up to our ears, but no one had to repeat anything.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
This is in fact the best speakerphone i have ever used on a phone, and I typicly get a new phone every 6-12mo. Really impressed with the Droid speaker in general. May keep this phone longer than I do the rest.