speakerphone issues?

rawr33

Reaction score
I'm hungry to buy my first Android phone this month. This pre-smartphone dinosaur has to go...

At the local Verizon store last week, I compared the speakerphone call quality on their in-store models of the Incredible II, X, Charge, and even the iPhone, for good measure.

Unfortunately, I found the call on the speakerphone of the Incredible II to be quite poor. The other phones had great speakerphones, but that Incredible II wasn't loud or clear enough for me to use in a noisy environment (like the store, or, say... my kitchen).

I will make use of the speakerphone while working around the house and on business conference calls.

Have you used the speakerphone on your Incredible II much? If so, what can you tell me about the experience? Any other tips on picking my first smartphone?

Thanks!

mikecolorama

Reaction score
The speaker phone is horrible. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this phone.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

mpetrie84

Reaction score
Yeah its pretty useless. It's my ONLY thing I dislike about my incredible 2

OP
R

rawr33

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the feedback. This phone seems great, but speakerphone trouble is a dealbreaker for me; I need that feature too much.

devator22

Reaction score
Have you considered a blue tooth headset? You can get really cheap ones. Or even a wired headset? I have a jawbreaker headset that I got for $15 and it is pretty awesome.

mpetrie84

Reaction score
Have you considered a blue tooth headset? You can get really cheap ones. Or even a wired headset? I have a jawbreaker headset that I got for $15 and it is pretty awesome.

Yeah I gotta get me one of those

anguish

Reaction score

This is what I do, since I've yet to find a phone with a built in speaker that is loud enough and clear enough for me. Since I have hearing issues too, a BT headset just works better. Plus, I don't sound like I'm on a speakerphone then.

mriley1021

Reaction score
I am happy with the speaker phone its not the loudest but you can hear it and its not much weaker than other smartphones