Phone Volume Issue - Randomly Gets Uber Loud

FaderDroid

Reaction score
I'm on my second Incredible for this issue. The call volume will randomly get so loud that using the non-speakerphone is like using the speakerphone on full blast. The volume control ceases to allow you to turn down the call volume, so calls are incredible loud both on speaker phone and regular mic to ear calls. It randomly does this for a time, then stops and returns to normal. I did the factory reset thing and swapped my first incredible for another, but the problem persists. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any known fixes?

Thanks! :reddroid:

Incredaboy

Reaction score
I don't have a solution for this but have been experiencing the same issue with my Incredible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Pancake345

Reaction score
Speakerphone Control

I wrote an app for speakerphone loudness issues. I had a Samsung Vibrant with the same issue. Speakerphone Control will give you a separate volume for your speakerphone and revert back to the regular volume after the call has ended. Give it a try.

Cinoib

Reaction score
I wrote an app for speakerphone loudness issues. I had a Samsung Vibrant with the same issue. Speakerphone Control will give you a separate volume for your speakerphone and revert back to the regular volume after the call has ended. Give it a try.

Did you start with Indigo (I am starting with Galileo)? Do you see any reason to go to Hellios before trying Indigo? It seems like most books out there focus on Galileo.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using DroidForums

Pancake345

Reaction score
Did you start with Indigo (I am starting with Galileo)? Do you see any reason to go to Hellios before trying Indigo? It seems like most books out there focus on Galileo.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using DroidForums

I'm no expert in the differences between Galileo and Indigo but I don't have any problems using Indigo. I started using Helios (long ago) then Galileo and moved to Indigo earlier this year. If you're just starting out check out Hello Android. One of the best beginner books I've read.