Call volume issue...

Elysian

Reaction score
Running DroidMod, with the 800mhz kernel... My Droid recently just randomly got really quiet on calls, to the point I can only JUST hear through the earpiece in a silent room, and I can JUST hear through the speakerphone speaker as well... I have to take all of my calls in speakerphone mode... The kicker? The headphone jack is nice and loud on music, but not on calls, as is the speakerphone speaker, it's still absurdly loud on music, so it's only calls that are quiet. Any ideas? It's driving me insane, and I'm wondering if it's not a Verizon issue... Has anyone had this happen before?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Running DroidMod, with the 800mhz kernel... My Droid recently just randomly got really quiet on calls, to the point I can only JUST hear through the earpiece in a silent room, and I can JUST hear through the speakerphone speaker as well... I have to take all of my calls in speakerphone mode... The kicker? The headphone jack is nice and loud on music, but not on calls, as is the speakerphone speaker, it's still absurdly loud on music, so it's only calls that are quiet. Any ideas? It's driving me insane, and I'm wondering if it's not a Verizon issue... Has anyone had this happen before?

You might try downloading "Audio Manager" from the Market. It enables you to control the volume of various functions independently. If the problem persists, you'll at least be able to diagnose it more precisely.

OP
E

Elysian

Reaction score

You might try downloading "Audio Manager" from the Market. It enables you to control the volume of various functions independently. If the problem persists, you'll at least be able to diagnose it more precisely.
Thanks, I'll try that tonight

OP
E

Elysian

Reaction score
Yeah, no luck, call volume is still absurdly low... I'll try Verizon tomorrow... Any other suggestions?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't know how relevant it is but before the 2.1 update, a lot of Droid owners had issues with any kind of sound after using headphones. They would have to reboot to get the call volume back again. You mentioned headphones in your post and it made me think of that. Have you tried rebooting it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no luck, call volume is still absurdly low... I'll try Verizon tomorrow... Any other suggestions?

Try going to your media settings and turn the volume up high. This may want you to turn off your settings notification sound, but I believe it will increase the volume in your headset.

OP
E

Elysian

Reaction score
Don't know how relevant it is but before the 2.1 update, a lot of Droid owners had issues with any kind of sound after using headphones. They would have to reboot to get the call volume back again. You mentioned headphones in your post and it made me think of that. Have you tried rebooting it?

It's been ongoing for a few weeks now, through many a reboot.

Try going to your media settings and turn the volume up high. This may want you to turn off your settings notification sound, but I believe it will increase the volume in your headset.

Already looked into that when it first started happening.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try checking/unchecking Voice Privacy in Call settings. Try it checked and unchecked, reboot after checking and unchecking etc.

if that's not it, it sounds like a mute issue. Maybe the mute key is on or stuck on or malfunctioning?

call volume is disable in your device.

Check into that too.

jed607

Reaction score
Voice Privacy is an option within the settings/call settings menu on the MDroid. Some say disabling it enhances call volume but it didn't work for me - I'm on my 3rd droid and due to the absurdly low headset volume during calls I may be on to #4!!

statustray

Reaction score
Try this....

Try this:

1. Go into "Settings"
2. Go into "Sound & Display"
3. Go into "Ringer volume"
4. Remove the checkmark beside "Use incoming call volume for notifications"
5. Now adjust the volume on "Incoming call volume" to make it louder
6. Press the "OK" button
7. Exit out of the menus, and then either place/receive a call and see if the volume is louder
8. Report back to let us know if this resolves your issue ;-)