mic doesnt work in speakerphone mode

boredombulker

Reaction score
I have seen this problem several times but no solution aside from replacing the phone. Unfortunately for me that is not really an option. It is not under warranty and I do not have the money to buy another phone. Anyway, when I turn on speakerphone it seems that no one can hear me. The mic is not working. I know this is not a mic issue as it works fine during normal calls and using any sound recorders or other voice input apps. I have tried a factory reset and it did not work. I tried to download some speakerphone apps and they did nothing. This really sucks because I was trying to video chat and it forces the phone into speakerphone mode, obviously the other person cannot hear me. I tried to plug in a set of headphones that had a mic on the video chat but it would not work. Still stayed in speakerphone mode. If I had to go without speakerphone calls I could live with it but I would like to be able to use the video chat. I was using the standard "talk" video chat that is already on the phone. Anyone know of any other video chat apps that will allow me to use a plug in mic instead of speakerphone? Anyone have any other suggestions on why it is not working or what I could do?

Droid 3 Verizon.

Last edited:

diablo81588

Reaction score
Have you tried to fxz using rsd lite? When you factory reset, it does nothing to the system partition, only clears data. Have you ever been rooted?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
B

boredombulker

Reaction score
Have you tried to fxz using rsd lite? When you factory reset, it does nothing to the system partition, only clears data. Have you ever been rooted?

what is "fxz using rsd lite" ? I am not sure what that is. In regards to the other question, no my phone has never been rooted.

diablo81588

Reaction score
what is "fxz using rsd lite" ? I am not sure what that is. In regards to the other question, no my phone has never been rooted.

Its a way to flash all the original system files to factory settings. RSD Lite is the program you install on your PC to flash the FXZ file to your phone with a micro USB cable. I'll try to dig up instructions for you.

diablo81588

Reaction score
I guess the Droid 3 still uses the old SBF files. Oh well, its the same principle. Just follow the instructions in the thread, and realize you will lose all data, so make sure you back up anything you don't want to lose.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1686911

If you still have the problem after this, you have a hardware problem.

OP
B

boredombulker

Reaction score
flashed back as instructed in that guide and the speakerphone mic still does not work. How could this be a hardware issue if the mic works fine during normal calls? doesn't it use the same mic? it seems like when I turn on speakerphone it somehow turns the mic off.

diablo81588

Reaction score
flashed back as instructed in that guide and the speakerphone mic still does not work. How could this be a hardware issue if the mic works fine during normal calls? doesn't it use the same mic? it seems like when I turn on speakerphone it somehow turns the mic off.

Might have something to do with the noise cancellation mics. Can't really say for sure.