OK - where's my lollipop?

MrTommy

Reaction score
Well, download is complete - and nothing has changed. It said it was updating all kinds of stuff, but I'm still at 4.4.2.

I got a notification that says "Congratulations! Your device has been updated successfully. ? ? ?

MrTommy

Reaction score
And now looking at my phone's update stuff it says this:

"Last successful Software Update from Verizon Wireless"
update_SCH-I545_NC5_to_NG6
Result: Software update successful 3:02 PM 05/11/2015

I checked for software updates again and now it says "The first of 2 software updates for your Samsung Galaxy 4 prepares your device for the next update which is Android 5.0 (Lollypop).

No, Download Later, or Download now.

Guess I'll bite the bullet and do it now. Crossing my fingers, biting my nails, and pulling out my remaining two hairs. :eek::eek::eek:

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Don't worry! Your on the right track!! If you have any issues, I will help also!

The last update before lollipop was NK1. Then it loads the NK4 update to prepare for lollipop, then downloads the OC1. Just keep going!! You will get there

MrTommy

Reaction score
Thanks KaosMaster. I'm at the 53% download spot right now.

Here I was just getting used to the new phone and how it looked. Got it pretty well set up the way I wanted it. Then this! My only real concern is not losing the FoxFi hotspot program ability. It's the main reason we opted to BUY phones and not let Verizon 'gift' us phones and change our data plan. According to the FoxFi site, they say they support 5.0. Hope they're right!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Oh, I see!! Well, lollipop is not perfect, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons! And I am not sure if foxfi needs root on the 5.0.1 side. Are you rooted now??

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I believe@KaosMaster is correct, FoxFi doesn't require root access anymore, so you're good to go. Hang in there @MrTommy, you'll get there.
As mentioned, there will be some changes, but on the whole, they won't be anything that can't be addressed later. Whether it be changes in your setup menus to address your new notifications, or a third party launcher to address the "material design" color changes that some folks don't like. Good luck & enjoy!

S5 tap'n

MrTommy

Reaction score
Wifey checked on PDAnet.co and "they say" 5.0 is covered with the latest FoxFi.
Currently I'm watching 95 of 165 apps being "optimized". Moving quickly.

Reactions: cr6

MrTommy

Reaction score
"Device" says Software update complete.
The second part of this update will be available soon. About Phone still shows 4.4.2.. ???
Going to fire up FoxFi and see if we're still uh, viable.....

MrTommy

Reaction score
Odd. But, FoxFi still works.
I gotta say, this is the goofiest software update process I've ever seen. We've had Motorola phones forever, and on those rare occasions when they did software updates it was pretty straightforward. Press "Yes" and watch it update. Period. I've done four software updates between last Friday when we bought the phones, and today. :eek::eek::eek:

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well...they weren't actually updated all the way! ;) your doing the last year worth of updates! But your almost there!

MrTommy

Reaction score
Just got another software update notice. It says I'm going for the 5.0 this time. Uh oh!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last I Iooked, I was still at 4.4.2..

Says I'm "downloading software update" with a 'rope' scrolling across my screen.

Sometimes I wish I could still use my old Motorola Bag Phone - HAhahahahahaha.