OK - where's my lollipop?

MrTommy

Reaction score
Jeez! After all that, now I see where it's "downloading software update" and I'm at 2%. Think we'll take our martini's and go eat dinner. I'll take my charger along so I don't kill the battery.
I hate to sound like a rookie, but I've just never had this much uh, 'stuff', involved in a simple update. Maybe this isn't just a "simple update" huh. . . . .

MrTommy

Reaction score
Well, update complete and I'm officially a member of the "5.0.1" club. Had to do a bit of fiddling to get it back to where I had it before the update, but all is well now. FoxFi works like a charm so Wifey will upgrade hers tomorrow morning. I just checked the "update" thingie looking for any more updates and it says I'm all up to speed. I'm guessing this will be the last update we get on these aging phones (even though their brand new to US). I know they quit updating our old Moto Razr Maxx's long ago. So if we get another 2-3 years off these phones, we're ahead of the game, especially if we can still keep our unlimited data plans. Then we'll just upgrade to the S5 - ha.

And yes, we DO use a lot of data, especially when we're out on one of our 4-6 week RV trips and use the FoxFi hotspot to run our iPads, laptop computer, and our phones. Data hogs I think is the term - ha.

Thanks to you guys that offered support, suggestions, and 'cheers' to our Martini's.......

N

Neoart01

Wow it works -
Where TouchWiz turned TouchWas, crashed in attempt to move any app in Hm Screens-

Reset Settings was done -and it worked - wow
Settings / personal / backup & Reset / Reset Settings

I really Luv the No Drama Version for a fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

MrTommy

Reaction score
"No drama" is good. ;)

Left phone in Airplane Mode last night to see how much of a power drain non-use is, and it went from 91% to 89%. Not bad. I can live with that.

So far, I'm loving this new (to me) phone. It's sure a lot faster than my old Razr Maxx, but I'm sure there was a lot of 'bloat' in it.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Neoart01, I just looked at that program you linked to. At first it sounded cool, but after reading the reviews I agree with you. Too much going on, and too much attention required. I'm a "use the phone, then forget it" kinda guy. This sounds like too much work.

N

Neoart01

I too use Airplane mode at nite for several reasons,
mainly to know what's going on in the background
Isn't going on for a surprise waking up.
I should add,
Setting Airplane mode, better set the alarm to make sure
To turn it back off. I've forgot a couple times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

lightman77

Reaction score
Hi. So maybe you Lollipop guys can help. I am not rooted and got the updates a couple days ago. Now I only get text message notifications....none for email or Facebook or any other apps. Why am I not getting notifications? I didn't change any settings (that I know of). Also, any idea how to get rid of the "Verizon Wireless" words on the lock screen in the top left corner? THANK YOU!!!!!!

lightman77

Reaction score
Did you perform a factory data reset after taking the update @lightman77? It's usually advised after such a significant OS update like 5.0.

S5 tap'n

I did not do a FDR. That scares me as to what all I will lose and have then fix. No other options?

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
If your stock, you won't lose anything if you back up with Kies3. And usual..no...an FDR is the only real way to tell. You may have to even try repairing the device after the FDR. Back up everything, and bite the bullet