OK to drop media folders onto SD card?

drcarl

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm a Droid noob previously trained on a Blackberry Storm.

While I try to discover why music files and its folder which do not exist still display on the stock music player, I thought to post this question...I'd like to know the right way to do things from those who know, so...

I have about 10 GB of music files to put on my SD card. I have all the music in folders (like Rock) and sub-folders like Rock/Santana). I have seen posted to "just drop your media onto the SD card" and thought that dropping the 25 or so folders (some which have sub-folders) might help whatever player I use more easily recognize the albums...

Or, should I just drop the individual songs (maybe 2,900 of them) into a folder called "Music" - or what?

I'd sure like to know what's the most effective and painless way to do it right and don't mind spending a little extra time now as an investment in future enjoyment and efficiency.

TIA

drcarl

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm a Droid noob previously trained on a Blackberry Storm.

While I try to discover why music files and its folder which do not exist still display on the stock music player, I thought to post this question...I'd like to know the right way to do things from those who know, so...

I have about 10 GB of music files to put on my SD card. I have all the music in folders (like Rock) and sub-folders like Rock/Santana). I have seen posted to "just drop your media onto the SD card" and thought that dropping the 25 or so folders (some which have sub-folders) might help whatever player I use more easily recognize the albums...

Or, should I just drop the individual songs (maybe 2,900 of them) into a folder called "Music" - or what?

I'd sure like to know what's the most effective and painless way to do it right and don't mind spending a little extra time now as an investment in future enjoyment and efficiency.

TIA

drcarl

Grab them and drop them on the SD card, all at one time. Unless it's iTunes.

OP
D

drcarl

Reaction score
Thanks...somehow I got rid of the folder and three tunes that were being displayed even though the folder (and tunes) were not there and were not visible via my computer/usb...yaye...AND, I dragged all the music folders into the "Music" folder....hope that's OK

Nope - no iTunes here

Thanx!