OK to drop media folders onto SD card?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by drcarl, Feb 5, 2011.

1. drcarl

drcarl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings,

I'm a Droid noob previously trained on a Blackberry Storm.

While I try to discover why music files and its folder which do not exist still display on the stock music player, I thought to post this question...I'd like to know the right way to do things from those who know, so...

I have about 10 GB of music files to put on my SD card. I have all the music in folders (like Rock) and sub-folders like Rock/Santana). I have seen posted to "just drop your media onto the SD card" and thought that dropping the 25 or so folders (some which have sub-folders) might help whatever player I use more easily recognize the albums...

Or, should I just drop the individual songs (maybe 2,900 of them) into a folder called "Music" - or what?

I'd sure like to know what's the most effective and painless way to do it right and don't mind spending a little extra time now as an investment in future enjoyment and efficiency.

TIA

drcarl

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Grab them and drop them on the SD card, all at one time. Unless it's iTunes.

3. drcarl

drcarl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks...somehow I got rid of the folder and three tunes that were being displayed even though the folder (and tunes) were not there and were not visible via my computer/usb...yaye...AND, I dragged all the music folders into the "Music" folder....hope that's OK

Nope - no iTunes here

Thanx!

Search tags for this page

how to create a media folder on sd

how to create subfolders on sd card music