Keeping ringtones out of music player?

cheese2thecake

Reaction score
I often place already clipped mp3 files onto the sd card in the /root/media/audio/ringtones etc. folder but the music player on the phone keeps finding them and adding them to the library. Is there a way to keep the files from being added? or do I have to wait for an update to solve this:mad:. - Thanks :motdroidhoriz:

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I thought that when I added mp3 for ringtones I had put them in the same place as you: media > audio > ringtones, but never had them show in music player.

I just looked and my ringtones are actually in a temp folder: /sdcard> tmp > audio > ringtones. Give that a try and see if it works.

Scribble

Reaction score
create a folder named ringtones, and put them in there. The music player won't look there.

OP
C

cheese2thecake

Reaction score
I've tried putting them in a ringtones folder both just on the sd card root and in media>audio>ringtones. But no matter where I put them it keeps finding them! Grr :/

OP
C

cheese2thecake

Reaction score
Yayy nevermind I realized what I was doing wrong.
Apperently, if you search the library the ringtones will show up. But if you browse the song list, they don't show up. Sry but thanks anyway for suggestions. I have grown a liking to this forum and will definately be posting more questions if I have any