No free space on SD card, But no media!

JoshSkillz

Reaction score
Heyyy everyone,
So I'm trying to put music onto my droid after deleting all the previous media i had on there, but according to my computer my SD card only has 1.25gb left of free space... is this normal?

i have gone through all the folders i can see on my SD card and none of them are over 100mb. This means there is around 5gb missing, any ideas?

i dont have many apps...i do have a bunch of text messages though.

Thanks in advance

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to put music onto my droid after deleting all the previous media i had on there, but according to my computer my SD card only has 1.25gb left of free space... is this normal?
Impossible to say. You really need to look at your card. You're sure there are no hidden files or folders that you can't see? No large files at the root (i.e. not in a folder) of the card? How are you getting the folder sizes?

justbob

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a .Trash file somewhere. Mount the Droid on your PC and set the file browser of your choice to display hidden files. Happy hunting....

snooze

Reaction score
If you deleted the previous media via computer (mounted) you need to empty the trash/recycle bin on the computer as well.

jamie69

Reaction score
Thank you so much! Best Answer, been trying to figure this out for forever!
If you deleted the previous media via computer (mounted) you need to empty the trash/recycle bin on the computer as well.