Oh, the irony... my new prepaid Moto phone "does", where my Droid didn't.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found this somewhat funny... So I've had to go relatively inactive on here due to the fact that I no longer own a Droid of any sort. Family budget cuts required certain "toys" to go if it was feasible financially to get rid of them (thanks Craigslist). I miss the interactions on here, but still linger, obviously. :)

Anyway, I now own a Motorola 408g on a net10 contract (great deals, by the way, for anybody needing good national coverage on a basic voice/text phone).

What's funny about all this, you might ask? Well, when I had my Droid, I enjoyed running simple stock, rooted, maybe OC'd a little. I did, however, really love the feature that's now common in most ROMs where the volume rocker acted as a song skipper and the camera button as pause/play, all when the phone was locked. It was a big help while driving and running - which are the two places I listen to music the most. However, that feature doesn't exist sans a custom ROM, which I preferred not to run any as my "daily driver".

So what do I discover tonight? My little $30 prepaid phone, which takes a micro-SD card by the way, has a volume rocker and play/pause button on the outside, and the volume rocker also functions as a song skipper when the phone is closed, and the play/pause button will also lock/unlock those feature when held down. The one thing I always wanted stock on my Droid, I now have on my cheap prepaid phone. Oh, the irony...

:)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know how that can be. They invest all this time and effort, yet certain simple things slip under the radar...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

smokiedabong

Reaction score
This is one thing I loved on my previous WinMo phones . They had a fair amount of hardkeys and they could be configured to do pretty much everything , from opening a specific application to skipping songs . I don't get why they didn't put some extra configurable side-buttons , that would be a very useful feature .

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know how that can be. They invest all this time and effort, yet certain simple things slip under the radar...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

This is one thing I loved on my previous WinMo phones . They had a fair amount of hardkeys and they could be configured to do pretty much everything , from opening a specific application to skipping songs . I don't get why they didn't put some extra configurable side-buttons , that would be a very useful feature .

Yep and yep! Which is why Android evidently needs to hire some of the devs on here. :)