Accidentally silencing phone - my solution

x475aws

Reaction score
I've found that it's easy to hit the volume rocker and silence my Droid by mistake. But the rocker switch is more convenient than going into an app, or even tapping a widget, so I don't want to use any of the volume control apps I've seen. I wrote a new app called RingGuard, which is on the Market for free. It's been well-received on a couple of the other Droid sites. Here's the description:

Guard against unintended ring volume change, while allowing normal use of volume rocker switch.

When volume is changed, a confirmation dialog pops up. Can confirm on screen, or with hard keys. After a configurable timeout, volume is restored to original setting.

Tested on Motorola Droid.

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
Very nice app. This will be nice to have when I'm in class. A lot of the times when I pull my phone to text I accidentally push the volume up key so that the ringer turns on. This will prevent my ringer from going off in class. Thank you very much.

bobfinn

Reaction score
Thanks for doing this! Works like a charm.:icon_ banana:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Sweet. Works like a charm. Not something I need alot but it is there running when I do. Thanks much.

danwanna

Reaction score
Thanks for making this!!! I was just complaining to my wife about this very problem.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Very useful app. I had been thinking of posting a question about this very problem. You have solved a very important problem. Thanks again, WolfpackRon.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
omg, thank you. Second most annoying thing about the Droid solved! Now if someone would just figure out how to speed up the camera and the Droid would be perfect!

Thank you, great app!!!!!!:):icon_ banana: